Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New rig help/opinions...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by caesarbass, Mar 7, 2005.

1. I need some help on a new rig. I'm using an Avatar 212 cab with an older Eden WT-800, bridged at 8ohms, 800 watts. I'm running into problems. My power amp clip light is coming on more frequently. I run the EQ flat on my head so I'm not getting any pre amp clipping, or distortion. I'm actually really sick of not being able to run below 8 ohms bridged. I'm thinking of going the pre amp/power amp route. Perhaps a Stewart power amp and a demeter or an Avalon u5 pre. Should I also be looking at a new Cab? Is the Avatar an effeciant cab, or will I be better off getting a new, more efficiant cab? The thing I really like about the Avatar is that it sounds good really loud and at lower volumes also. On average I gig at least 2 times a week, sometimes more, so I need something reliable. I'm open to suggestions, you TB'ers seem to be some of the smartest bassists out there!!!! :help: :D
    Edit: I also like having only one cabinet.

2. Anyone....Bueller, Bueller... :help: :help:

3. Tophe07

Tophe07

Feb 26, 2005
    I would go with a used Eden WT1000 off of ebay. 1000watts rms monobridged into 4 ohms...or 2 x 450 rms

You can use your wt800 as a pre for it if you wanted to.

you could probably get one in the $500 range. I'm very happy with mine...running a WP100 navigator pre-amp into it. Sounds great and very versatile for different cab set ups.

Good luck