1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New rig, help.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tulkas, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Hey people. Finally i updated my rig, i was searching for a 115 cabinet, i found an excelent Ampeg 115 SVT Classic.

My problem is, i play thru a Warwick Pro Fet IV (400 watts@ 4ohms) with a Warwick 211 PRO (400watts @ ohms) now with the Ampeg 115 (200 watts @ 8ohms) would i get the "full power" of the amp?

The 115 Warwick cabs work only at 400watts (@ 8ohms), would that be a problem to me with my new 115 Ampeg?

I'm only receiving the 115 Ampeg tomorow, so i didn't played yet with the set 115+210.

Can you help the "newbie" with these questions?

Thanks. Best Regards. João. :bassist:

2. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I don't know anything about Warwick amps. Am I right in assuming that the "Warwick Pro Fet IV" is your amp and the "Warwick 211 PRO" is a cab?

3. Yes.

4. Nico3535

Nico3535

Mar 8, 2006
    Florida
    If your running both cabs then the warwick is going to be a bit underpowered compared to the ampeg thats going to get its full load. Depending on the shape of the ampeg, she might make a few grunts but your warwick should sound as good as it ever did.