Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New rig, help.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tulkas, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Hey people. Finally i updated my rig, i was searching for a 115 cabinet, i found an excelent Ampeg 115 SVT Classic.

My problem is, i play thru a Warwick Pro Fet IV (400 watts@ 4ohms) with a Warwick 211 PRO (400watts @ ohms) now with the Ampeg 115 (200 watts @ 8ohms) would i get the "full power" of the amp?

The 115 Warwick cabs work only at 400watts (@ 8ohms), would that be a problem to me with my new 115 Ampeg?

I'm only receiving the 115 Ampeg tomorow, so i didn't played yet with the set 115+210.

Can you help the "newbie" with these questions?

Thanks. Best Regards. João. :bassist:

2. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I don't know anything about Warwick amps. Am I right in assuming that the "Warwick Pro Fet IV" is your amp and the "Warwick 211 PRO" is a cab?

3. Yes.

4. Nico3535

Nico3535

Mar 8, 2006
    Florida
    If your running both cabs then the warwick is going to be a bit underpowered compared to the ampeg thats going to get its full load. Depending on the shape of the ampeg, she might make a few grunts but your warwick should sound as good as it ever did.