Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New rig idea

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vinpaul, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Vinpaul

Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hey all,
    just finalising my rig upgrade (Currently hartke 3500 VX series 410 and 115). Looking at a GK 1001rhII, sanamp pedal (the new 3 channel one) and probably a warwick 610 cab, or some sort of 2210 and 212 combination. What u think? Also gonna get a second hand warwick stage 1 or euro spector pretty soon (currently have a korean spector) so cant wait to gig with this set up. Should go to store next week sometime and hear it all together and decide. Only other head Im considering is GBE 600, and funnily I told the guy at the store and he started saying he doesnt like their power ratings when everyone on this site says how loud they are for their ratings, that made me bit suspicious I must say

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I guess it would be OK, but instead of a 6 x 10", I might consider a couple 4 x 10"s instead, or maybe a 4 x 10" and a 2 x 10". They're more portable and more adaptable to smaller situations. As an owner of an SVT cabinet, I can tell you that they are a complete pain in the butt to move.

3. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    yeah, avoid the 610. It can be really impractical. Other than that, if your into the tone and you have the cash... go for it.

4. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Sounds cool to me.