1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New rig need advice please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hawkdiver, Oct 11, 2009.

1. 0175westwood29

0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    ok just looked at the combo and you cant add a cab.

ive heard good things bout the avatar cabs.

also the 610hlf is a good idea! not as in your face as an 810, and i doesnt sound the same but imho it lighter than some 410's out there.

i still say go for the 115/210 setup you could always get a 410 to use on the bigger venues.

andy

2. hawkdiver

hawkdiver

Feb 5, 2008
    Well i ended up with the GK 1001rb-II and a ampeg 8x10 cab. Huge deal with my trade in I only paid 800 bucks out the door for everything.. Now i just have to set it up for my sound :) thank you guys for all your help.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Hartke is heavily scooped. They use the Fender tone stack.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    That's a rig you can grow old with, my friend!

5. Have to agree JimmyM, a buy once and be done deal (not personally behind the cab choice, but that is just me).

6. Congrats! really Nice Head.....Good luck hauling that fridge around though...although they do sound nice, i prefer to have two seperate cabs so i can downsize for smaller venues...and run stereo with different sounds when needed...

bet the new rig kicks the crap out of your old Hartke set up...lol

7. Ronny49

Ronny49

Aug 22, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yep!... I'm sure they emailed you back too.. but I just wanted to post the answer as I had promised.

The Seismic 410 cabs for $179. are made out of MDF with a plywood front.

But I also read several reviews of MDF online and a lot of people brag this wood up for being very sturdy and never warps!

I am very interested to check one these cabs out for myself.

;)

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Ronny, MDF is sturdy...until you punch it and get a big puncture hole in it. Or until you get it wet and it crumbles. I would avoid chipboard cabs if you do any roadwork. They can sound great...Ampeg used to use OSB. But they quit using it because of too many problems with the rigors of roadwork.

9. 0175westwood29

0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    ;) awesome rig mate! that will sound killer!

andy