Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New rig...need advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by socalpyropunk, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Its been a long while since I've been on the boards. I've been caught up in a lot. My band is planning a bunch of trips this summer and I finally have some money in the bank. I want to downsize my rig but increase sound and quality.

current: Ampeg B2(15" 350 watt), Ampeg SVT 4x10"

considering: Carvin R1000, Eden 410XLT

what are your thought..need advice please.

thanks

2. Having just switched from Ampeg cabs to Eden myself, I say go for that part. Never used Carvin gear, but that doesnt' seem like an increase in quality to me. None of it seems like much downsizing :)

Greg

3. Thats kind of my rig,R1000, 2- 210XLTs.This works great and really cuts through in a band.I use a Sans amp RBI with the Carvin,but the head sounds good without it too.If you get the 410 get a 8ohm so when you bridge it it doesn't put such a strain on the amp.A 410XLT will get plenty loud with 700 watts.You might also think about the 410 Aguilar.it's a little cheaper new and has a little flatter low end.Either one would be a very good match for the Carvin head.

4. thanks for the replies. I'm going to be looking at used gear anyway and eden seems to pop up more than aquilar.

for the time being I think I'm just going to find an r1000 so that I can use my SVT410 without having to haul around my combo. I've played a couple edens and the low end compared to the ampeg is much better IMO at least.