1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New rig on the way.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MJ5150, Dec 27, 2004.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Well....I did it!

Over the last two weeks I completely changed my bass rig....everything I own bass wise is different now. The main reason was to get smaller and less powerful since I don't need volume anymore. I also viewed this as an opportunity to try out new gear.

I finally stepped away from my Eden security blanket. Not a single thing wrong with Eden, just time for me to expand my horizons and see what else is out there. I never felt like I had much to add as far as experience with other brands. So, I forced myself out of a couple Eden deals to get something else. I will end up with Eden gear again in a few months, but I now have time to experiment. The Metro is gone, the Spector is for sale.....here is what the Metro turned in to:

Fender MIA Jazz from the Dudepit
    Genz Benz GBE200 from Jorg Schroeder

The GB and the Avatar are shipping out this week. I have the Fender. Life is new and different for me as far as bass gear goes. I almost feel like a newbie all over again. While I will dearly miss my trusty Metro, I am excited to see what the new gear brings me. Any opinions or suggestions?

-Mike

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    IME the genz benz stuff is surprisingly good. I think you'll be happy with it. And it's hard to go wrong with a good Jazz bass. Have fun.