Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Rig, Swr Wm 4004

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PUNK&DONUTS, Feb 13, 2001.

1. Well I just bought my new rig It's a 4004 and I picked it up for about $500 US. I'm loving the sound's I can get out of it. I ended up buying the WM instead of the SM because my personal thoughts was that it was cheaper and it seem's to produce the same quality sound and power as I tried them through the same setup.
    Ok now to the good part I am currently using a friends 4X10 cab so I will soon have to get my own and was looking at a price around about $500 US or below and want to know what the best buy would be. Please note I am in Australia and I am limited to SWR, Peavey, Eden, Hartke, Sovtek and Ampeg in very small amounts if I can find it. The problem is most likely SWR and Eden would be out of the question $ wise, any thoughts about Peavey and Sovtek as they are the cheapest. I know I should probably save more and go for quality but I need something within the next 2 weeks. Thanks.

2. if swr and eden are outta the question then i say go peavey.

i say either try peavey or try and find a used workingman or ampeg. maybe brad johnson can find ya some good deals on a really good used cab for cheap $$$ :)

3. i say either try peavey or try and find a used workingman or ampeg. maybe brad johnson can find ya some good deals on a really good used cab for cheap $$$ :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks JR the only problem is I'm in Australia shipping would be a pain in the preverbial.

I was pretty much looking at Peavey as I have a TKO and the sound is good but just wanted to know if that quality carried over to their cabs. Any other thoughts on other brands would be good. Thanks.

4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    IMO, the newer Peavey 410's (TFX and TVX) sound very good, and they're built like tanks. They're not as loud as SWR or Eden (do to efficiency), but they sound just as good to me.
    If you do go Peavey, be aware that the 410 cabs come in 4 and 8 ohm versions, so get the one that will suit your needs.
    G'day.