Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New rig... you'll be surprized

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Muttluk, Dec 11, 2000.

1. I just got back from seattle, by just got back, i mean like min. ago. anyways, i went to Bass North West, and i must say, the employee's there were some of the nicest salesmen i've ever met. When i first walked in, i told them what i was looking into buying (eden WT-400 and D 410 xlt) and the guy asked what kind of bass i wanted to use with it, and set me up right away. So while i was demoing the amp, my dad was talking with the guy, and told him that we came up to Seattle, just for the store (that and emp). Well the guy was just blown away. Then he points out that two days ago, they receved at WT-800 two days ago, and it was priced at only $999, $150 more than the WT-400 (new), and it was only 2 years old, and literaly in mint condition. it was owned by some microsoft guy that had just been fired because of the whole cutting back of somthing or another. So i ended up going with the WT-800, and d-4x10xlt (8 ohms so i could run mono bridged) and i couldnt be happyer.

Sidenotes: The guys in there let me try out a Roscoe 5 string. OMG that had to have been the easyest to play 5 sting i've ever used. the action was so fine, just WOW.

MegaAngus, did you buy the only 4x10 bagend cab? cause i was gonna try one out because of your RAVE reviews of yours. and i go in there asking about it, and they said that they had one for awhile, and then it was sold a month ago. i guess you snached the last one.

2. also, about connecting the head to the speakers. The back has the red and the black hole thing for those double plug things. then on the cab there is also a red and black one. my cable has a black wire and and a white one. Is it like sterio cables where it doesnt matter which one goes to which, as long as the two dont switch at the other end? or does the black have to go somewhere, and the white has to go somewhere?

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Seeeeeeeeeee? What'd I say?

Also, it doesn't matter on the wires, as long as you do 'em all the same way.

4. ok, thats what i thought, but i didnt want to fry anything.

5. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Congrats on the new rig Mut! Sounds as if ya scored a keeper. Also, those double plug things are called Banana jacks. Just for easier reference and because I'm anal.;):D I'd put the black on black and white to red.

6. ok, got it. what do i do if i wanna add another cab to the same side e.g. left side has two 8 ohms cabs and right side has one 4 ohms. how do i connect the second 8 ohms cab? theres only one "out" jack for the banana plug. would i have to do one with a 1/4 in. jack?

7. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Two ways you can do that. Banana plugs can be "daisy-chained", that is, you can plug one into the back of another. Then run one cable to each speaker cab. We do this on our PA all the time. Another way is to daisy-chain the speakers. Run a cable from the amp to one 8-ohm speaker, the run another cable from the speaker to the next 8-ohm speaker. This results in a 4-ohm load for that side of the amp. The speaker cabs have two jacks for that purpose. Either one can be used as the input with the other one as an output.

Run the 4-ohm speaker out of the other channel. If you use full-range stereo output, you can adjust the balance between the channels to get the desired volume from both speaker groups.

OK, so you've had the rig a day or two now ... how do you like it? Say "killer." Thank you. That's all.

8. actuly, its still with fexEx. Since i live in cali, i couldnt just "cary" the thing out the door, too hard to check it in on the plane ride home and whatever. also i saved a ton of money by having it shipped to my house since i didnt have to pay about $200 on sales tax. so fexEx says i will get it tomarrow. I serioiusly could not pay attention in school today, just thinking about the amp. I'm also making sure my mom stays home all day tomarrow, so that she can catch the FedEx guy, so that i wont have to wait another day. So thats why i'm asking all the techie questions now, so that i wont mess anythign up when i do get it.

more questions: when i do get more speakers and run it sterio, the balance knob... does that filter more watts to either side? say i was to get the 2x10 monitor's and ran those though the left channel, but didnt want to feed them 400w, could i turn the balance knob, and give the right channel more watts? or does it just turn down the volume to the left channel?

9. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    The first thing. It works like you want it to.

10. oh, and about those new 2x10 monitors, anyone know if those are any good? i'm not gonna buy them, but i was just wondering since they said they had to take away some of the size from the d-2x10xlt to make them in a wedge, so how different do they sound?

11. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Dunno. But why would you want them over the D-210XLT?

12. I actuly arnt even considering them... i just noticed they were added to the eden web page, and was wondering what they had to change, cause they even noted that they had to take away somthing to make it smaller, so i was just courious. sides, it i were to get them, would be because i'd need monitors, which i doubt, my next cab to add would probly either be a 15, or another 4x10 (if i need it)