Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by count_funkula, Dec 3, 2001.

1. I am plannig on selling my big Carvin rig and getting something smaller to use as a stage monitor. Our band at Church is getting smaller instead of larger like I thought it would so I have no need for the big setup. What are some good, inexpensive combos that would work well as a stage monitor? I've noticed the 12" and 15" combos seem really inexpensive but all of the 2x10s I have looked at are really expensive. Are those Carvin combos any good?

2. Something else to add. Is a 1x12" a good size for a stage monitor? I sit in the same place the whole time I play and was planning on buying a stand for whatever I get so I can put the amp closer to my head.

3. Carvin is one of the finer companies for bass amps, basses, and for just about anything else imaginable. LEt me know how much your selling it for, I might try to buy it from you.

4. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    My favorite combo that Ive ever played through was the Gallien-Krueger 1001RB/210 combo. It has the great 1001RB head, combined with a 210 cab! What more could you want? :cool:

It sounds seriously awesome too, IMO. I think it has something like 540 watts. Youll have to look it up though, cause I cant remember anything else about it :D