New rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Brendan, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That's right, that's right, I'm upgrading and improving the ol' Eden rig. :D

On Friday, I'm headed up to O'do, and picking up a second Eden D-410XLT, and a Carvin DCM1000 poweramp, bringing the vaunted rig to:

Eden WT-300 (the pre-amp will be used in conjuntion w/ the Carvin)
    Carvin DCM1000
    2 (Two) 8 ohm Eden D-410XLT's

I'm about as psyched as I can be. Full Eden stack, and at a tender 17 no less. I won't need another rig...oh I don't know, EVER! This is a high point in my itty bitty life. :D

Stoked :D
    Stoked :D
    Majorly Stoked :D
  2. Hmm...I think this is the time where I become terribly jealous and bitter. I'm still stuck with the first amp I bought four years ago, my fender BXR200...which, needs to be's suffering. Pair that with a cheap bass, and you have my entire setup...I'll probably get an eden rig by the time i'm 70...but that's a big probably. If so, I'd have to still be using my bass i have now...which isn't exactly stellar either. Boo to that.

Not boo to getting a new rig though...goodluck with it, may it always sound good...and hopefully you'll think of me, and laugh when you play it.

3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I smile when I think about it. I'm just incredibly lucky in that I have money when deals roll around. I got into the initial Eden rig (the WT-300 and the first XLT) for 950, total, when it usually retails for the better part of 1800-2000. God Bless ignorant pawn shops! And the second XLT is also used, and therefor cheaper. The only thing bought at full price is gonna be the power amp.

You just gotta have a job, and be on the lookout for deals.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'sa HERE!

Went up to BC yesterday, and got all the components, and hung w/ Gard, Bassbrobrad, Mike Zimmerman, Dave Siff, and Bassmonkee, Mark and Grasshopper. All great guys, but more importantly, I'm rocking my Eden Stack!

In bridged, I can't even turn it up past halfway before the whole house starts to rattle. 1000 watts'll do that to a place!

Rock ON. :D
  5. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    Originally posted by Brendan
    ......I won't need another rig...oh I don't know, EVER!.....

I said the same thing 2 weeks ago...I'm out looking again. Major GAS :eek:
  6. Congrats Brendan. I too, i'm still 17, i'll be 18 on the 20th of April, and i just ordered last week from Gard an Aguilar DB750 and GS410 cab. I can't wait for it to arrive. Eventually i'll add another GS410 and never need a new rig ever again. Rock on!
  7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Brendan, use that 1000 watts with extreme caution, you're within a few miles of a nuclear power plant. Wouldn't want you to use those low A's improperly and cause damage to the containment walls! :eek: :eek: :p

It was a pretty cool afternoon at BC, hadda mini-TB get-together: 6 TBer's in one place, and it's still standing today! :D I'll get a photo posted as soon as Mark gets that digital shot downloaded and e-mails it to me.

MFC, sorry I didn't answer your IM earlier, I will check on your question and try to get back to you with an answer Monday.
  8. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Congrats Brendan! It is awesome that you can afford a nice rig like that at such a young age (I recently turned 20)! I too have recently gotten a most bitchen rig...An Aguilar DB 680 + Crest V1500 to use with my Eden 410XLT and 118XL! Today I really got to crank it up. The amp is 2000 watts and kills!

I used to think my Mesa M-2000 (625 W) was causing my speakers to fart because it had so much power, but know I know after today that it was actually clipping and causing cone excursion. Brendan, you're gonna love having all that power! Cleaner, fuller sound...

Sock Justice:

You gotta watch for deals...they're just gotta watch...
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Gard, the cool thing is that even louder than I usually play, there isn't any speaker movement, instead of the gonzo throws they used to do. That power really helps keep the sound under control. It's a great setup!
  10. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Man i really can't wait to get my new rig.... I'm 20.. I have a nemesis combo amp.. but that will all change this summer.. and next week... :) ... My parents support me.. but have never bought any bass component that I own.. And Since I Bought my Ray back in July, and I don't work during the school year, its hard to get money.. :(.. oh well.. sounds like a really nice rig..

Can I have it????
  11. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yeah....just drive on down here to Orlando, Come to 181 Oxford Rd, Orlando FL, and you can take it off my hands!
  12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Actually, that would be 181 Oxford Rd, Suite 107, FERN PARK FL 32730! ;)

It's a suburb of Orlando, not exactly in Orlando. Heck it's in a different county! :D

Brendan, that rig was killin' in the shop and I know you weren't pushing it at all. Heck, I'd like to have that rig!!! (well, I'd prolly replace the XLT's with XST's, but still...)
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I got ahold of a mic cable to today, and WOW, the DI is about 10 times louder than the effects out, so now I gotta head down to the local music emporium and pick up a mic cable. The thing CRANKS at about 1/3 on the Carvin, as opposed to the 2/3 with the Effects out. So I'm gonna do that tommorow, and it's gonna KILL people!

14. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    hmm...if he's in any way like us, he'll have a heck of a time getting there!

[wink, wink]

brendan=pure evil!!

(gotta borrow at least some of your rig one of these days...i'll line up a gig for that purpose if i have to!)
  15. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    So that's where I've been going wrong!