New Rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by geshel, Oct 31, 2002.

1. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Wooo! Got the PLX3002 and two EA VL-110 speakers yesterday:

It's late so I barely turned it up, but it sounds sweet so far. Right now I have both cabs on channel one, so they're getting 450w each. :D

I want to use it on a gig this Friday night, but it's a little coffee house so that would be total overkill (and even if I kept the volume down, I'm sure the other two guys would be "psychologically affected" by it, heh). I'll probably just use the Clarus and one of the EAs.

I can't wait to crank this one up though. . .(gently, as I'm sure the QSC could melt those cabs)
  2. Bigwan

Feb 22, 2002
    Ballymena (hey)
    Man, just crank it.... I'm sure the neighbours won't mind!

(if they do, the infidels should be put to death!)

Let us know how they go!
  3. I can feel the floor shake just looking at it!!:D
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeah Gesh... daddy likes...

Do you always leave your sansamp hanging out like that? thats just tacky ;)
  5. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA

welcome to the QSC club.

i gigged with my 2402 last night.

just had the bergie ht112 and it sounded FANFRIGGINTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with the new level of cabinets out there now, i really think QSC's do a great job of juicing them up and gettin em pumpin!!!!

6. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Yep. I think it's funny! Actually I'd rather have it not like that, but it just doesn't fit in the space I have left.
  7. pookeymp

Oct 16, 2002
    Sweet setup...I Like!!! You got me seriously considering that QSC.

By the do you like the Alembic Preamp and Superfilter...I've been tossing around the idea of going for their preamp. What does the Superfilter actually do for your tone?

8. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    I like them. The F-2B has a good clean sound, and a very warm overdrive (hence I use the SansAmp for an edgier sound). The Superfilter is extremely versatile. I use it fairly sublty - for my "clean" channel I boost the highs a bit (full direct + some high-pass), for the "dirty" channel I cut them (no direct + full low-pass), though it's great because I can adjust the "knee" on the low-pass so that it cuts the highs but boosts a bit right at the cutoff point.
  9. pookeymp

Oct 16, 2002
    Very Nice...I can imagine how great it must sound. Thanks for the info and enjoy.