Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Rig!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nerdcore, Jun 9, 2003.

1. nerdcore

nerdcore

May 12, 2002
    Hey everybody, thanks for your input on my previous thread. I ended up getting this rig from my local music shop (it was consigned) for $700 all said. Here's a pic:

http://wwwcsif.cs.ucdavis.edu/~liuke/photos/6-09-03/bass_rig1.jpg

The music shop owner tells me that everything was custom. I'm not sure what is custom about it (besides the small "custom" stickers on the backs of the cabs) but at $700, it was sounding sweet and I had to jump.

I have had no experience with Genz Benz but I hope this serves me well.. it sounds sweet on its own. Gig on Friday... we'll see!

2. Wow,they look nice man.

Congrats on 'em.

thas a 2x10,1x15 set-up,right? I always wanted to play that set-up...

Have fun :)

3. :eek: :eek: :eek: Is that your P-bass?!!?!?!

*British voice on*

Good god man!

*British voice off*

Sweet!!! Oh yeah, nice setup, too :D. Hope you enjoy it!

Pat

4. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    I thought it was supposed to be $600? Still a good deal for $700.:bassist:

5. nerdcore

nerdcore

May 12, 2002
    It was supposed to be %$600 but when they guy pulled the papers, they showed that the 15" was brought in later and is an additional 150. I offered 100 and we ended up at 700. However I did get the gig bag for the head (wood inside), slip covers for the cabs, and the cables.

Another interesting fact is that it was designed by somebody who lives in Davis, the town in which I am currently. Here's an email:

I was told that an employee of Substrate Engineering was a previous owner or somehow involved in the design of this. I was wondering if you could give me more information on it. It sounds amazing.

Yes, I was responsible for it's design. It's based on the ability of a properly designed power stage to deliver a large amount of power under high power factor (difficult) loads. It's a lot of real-world power in a small package.

The speaker combination you show in the photo should sound killer!

Andy Field
    Product Development Engieneer
    Genz Benz

6. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    You got a GREAT deal!! Enjoy it.:bassist:

7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Whoa.

I mean whoa..just whoa.

Thats a really nice score man! Enjoy her!!

8. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    congrats! nice set-up...love that bass too.

9. I've got a Genz Benz 2x10 combo that I love.

Good luck with the new rig