1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Rise Against album.

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mr. Zebraface, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Does anyone here like the hardcore punk band Rise Against? I picked up a copy of the new album "Revolutions Per Minute" at their show in Manchester, and I got Tim, the vocalist, to sign my ticket and my CD.

I just thought it is possibly one of the best albums in my collection, all the songs are brilliant, if you are a fan of Sick Of It All, Anti-Flag, Propagandhi etc. you really should own this album. Brilliant vocals, and the basslines are not too bad either.

2. leanne

leanne

May 29, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I really like their last album. :)

Looking forward to hearing their new one too.

3. Rise Against are pretty sweet. The guitarist and bassist were in 88 Fingers Louie which is a personal fave of mine.

Dan (I think that's the bassist) is pretty sick, especially on 88FL last album. I think he could easily take on Matt Freeman. Just check out the solo on "100 proof".

4. I think the bassist is Joe, and he is a pretty good bassist and he sounded really good live.I think he rocks G&L Basses, I don't know what model though, was kinda blue flamed top.

5. I just bought their new cd "revolutions per minute". It surpassed all of my expectations. Truely a great cd.

6. I haven't picked it up yet. but Rise Against is one of my favorite bands. I really need to get it, and re-purchase The Unraveling.

7. jama

jama

Mar 9, 2003
    Belgium
    I liked their first album(Unraveling). I'll check out Revolutions per minute next week.
    By the way: I'm still waiting for Propagandhi to release a new album(the last one was in 2000)...