New Ritter

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jordanm, Jan 23, 2006.

1. jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Hmm.. gas cured? Not yet:eyebrow:

This thing is freakin sweet!!! Been wanting one FOREVER and just had the opporotunity to jump on one..... and I took it! Yes, its gold, get over it. Actually looks amazing in person, tough to photograph though. I took these pics with all the lights out in a dark room and this is how it came out. Looks like the finish is blemished on top but thats actually a reflection of my ceiling

This is the first pic I tried with the flash, looks kinda neat.. not how the bass actually looks though.

2. Man, that is just sick! All the basses he had at NAMM this year were amazing and SOLD!
  3. jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks man, I was trying to get one of the NAMM basses but it sold before I got around to it. The Low End picked up two sweet ones that are up for grabs. Not sure who else bought the rest, but I think some supplier did pick up quite a few. Ended up getting this one from Ed Roman, but I wouldn't reccomend dealing with them.
  4. westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Welcome to the club (and a Ritter 4 string Roya to boot). I saw this bass in Ed Roman's last month ... glad to see someone is going to give it a good home, as I thought Ed was letting it get unnecessarily tatty (it had fingerprints all over it when I saw it)

Mine is a butl maple top, piano finish (which is really tough as well as attractive) and gold hardware. The best of the best (... of the best of the best).

Attached Files:

5. D.A.R.K.

Aug 20, 2003
    very nice!!!!
    bling bling(sorry, i couldn't resist:smug: )
    beautiful bass!
  6. seventhson

seventhson Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Awesome Ritters! The Roya is my favorite shape. One of these days...
  7. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Nice basses, both of you! Would you mind telling me about the electronics/controls in them?
  8. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    Ritter's stiff is so impressive!
    Very Nice!!
  9. jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Mine, an it looks like Westland as well have Ritter master bars and Ritter Master pre amp. Pickups are triple buckers with a dummy coil that have selectors for double or humbucking single coil on both. It also has an active/passive switch, three band eq with mid range select and pu blend knob. You can get more info on this stuff on the ritter website
  10. i have heard this before, but why do you prefer not to recommend him?

11. jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Just a pain to deal with. I was quoted one price and then called back later and was told I couldnt have it for that... then after arguing I got it for the price I wanted. Then he calls me two days after it was supposed to be shipped to say he is about to send it out with a gig bag, instead of the hard shell case I was told multiple times it came with (keep in mind he already has my money). They ended up shipping it in a hard case that wasnt for Ritters, but it doesnt fit very well. I talked to them today and they said they will exchange it for the Ritter gig bag, but its still like $400 for the right case it was supposed to come with. Also one of the pots isn't working right and there are a few small blemishes that should have been noted to me before they sold it. It's not a big deal to me as I'm going to gig it anyways but like I said I wouldnt recommend them. My salesman has been very nice and apologetic the whole time, and I'm sure I could return it if I really wanted to, but I would rather things where done right the first time than have someone have a reason to be apologetic:meh:
  12. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thats an outstanding finish, too flashy for me, but dayam :)
  13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    You say that like it is a bad thing?

That bass is AHHH-MAY-ZING. I'm going to use it as my desktop wallpaper. Thanks!!

14. WOW. That thing's looks like it's actually made of gold! NICE bass man, I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks?
  15. trumpeter

Jan 23, 2006
    Amherst, MA
    Tis a very nice bass. I hope you love it.
  16. jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA is... and yes it does!;)
  17. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Congrats again. Try the neck in humbucker and bridge in single coil...I don't think there's a sound I like more on any bass!

18. tiefling

Aug 19, 2003
    Washington DC
    not to derail the entire thread but thats one of the funniest typos I've seen in a long time.
  19. jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Yea I've been screwing around with the single/double coil switches and you can get some awesome sounds. The only thing that is difficult is that the volume level changes so much with active/passive, single/double, and the various boost/cut knobs. Sounds amazing though!