1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Rocco Prestia amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kringle77, Mar 6, 2008.

1. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Does anyone have pics of the New Eden Rocco prestia head? Does one even exist yet? I think that I read something about it on here but can't find it with a search. I think it was an RC-1400 or something like that.

2. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    Have you checked eden-electronics.com ? I didn't find it there. Maybe it's a dead issue already...

3. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
    If I buy one , am I gonna play like him ?

I want four of 'em! :p

4. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    Even though I havn't seen anything else on it, Im sure that it's like a WT-800C with 1400 watts. My god.:eek:

5. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I saw him in Las Vegas last month & sat right in front of him in the front row. He was playing through that head and an 8x10 that I believe is also a Rocco/Eden unit. Eden advertised the head for a year or so in I believe 2004-5 & then it seemed to go bye bye. I wouldn't bust a gut trying to find one of these heads- I have heard him sound better through other rigs. It definitely is not a WT with more wattage & it has no compressor as I recall. He lives here in Las Vegas & I have met him a few times as we have some common friends. I will ask him about the head next time I run into him & send you a PM (maybe he will even sell his to you- how's that for rock & roll).

6. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    That really is "ROCK AND/OR ROLL" !!!!!!! sweet

7. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    Off topic but Mike how's Rocco's health? Is he fully recovered?

8. firebass6

firebass6

Feb 14, 2008
  9. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    You can find pictures on the forums at eden-electronics.com

From what I understand, it's a class D power amp with a tube front end. It was at NAMM but isn't available for sale yet.

10. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    [​IMG]

Supposedly it will be available later this year........
    From the few specs I have read about it this amp has a light weight power section and tube front end and will be 1400w @ 4ohms.

The looks of it does nothing for me, I also don't care for an actual graphic EQ on a amplifier......but then again this amplifier was supposedly designed by Rocco himself, so maybe this is what he likes :meh:

Myself even without ever trying this head I would still prefer the WT1205, which is why thats what I own.

11. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Pretty much! He is touring, gigging with ToP again. Of course, that typ'o thing will never leave him the same. Or maybe it will -- what do I know? :D

12. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    Glad to hear he's feeling Ok. I love the way he plays the bass.

13. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    Proper diet, good solid rest, a bit of exercise, knock off the crap and plenty of ToP!!

14. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    I think it looks great in that no nonsense way that Thunderfunk does so well. It also reminds me of an old
    Bogen 100 watt p.a. head I have in storage somewhere.

15. kringle77

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    No.......it's ugly alright......like an old atari game or .....it's pretty ugly. Thats what I was looking for though.

16. vroc38

vroc38

Jan 5, 2006
    Seattle
    Last time I saw him he was playing my amp!

Attached Files:

17. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Ah, a Bogen 100 watt pa head - LOL. I used one as an amp head for a short time back around 1975-ish, plugged into an 18" folded horn fridge. :eek: I would guess the Eden R.P. look-a-like head to be a tad better choice for bass ampage than the Bogen. ;)

thumpbass, I recall the Bogen had a very complicated input plug type of thing. You know what I'm talkin' about?

18. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    www.eden-electronics.com

19. thumpbass1

thumpbass1

Jul 4, 2004
    Yes I do. Luckily the one I have is from the early 70's and
    dang if they didn't finally go to a regular xlr mic input. I
    have a mid 60's, 60 watt all tube Bogen that has 4 male
    xlr's as the mic hookups. Bogen heads could be weird but they
    were sturdy. Thank goodness for Radio Shack selling just
    about every oddball adapter you can think of back in the
    day that let you work with them old Bogen's.