1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Rockbass price point

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by Big mark, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Big mark

Big mark

Jun 12, 2010
    Hi guys, need a little help here. I was starting to get really excited about the new 2012 RB Fortress but I have just been told that they are going to be coming through to the UK at £799.
    That is heading into P/J USA Special territory.
    Could anyone give me a hand in justifying this kind of price point for a Made in China entry level bass vs a perceived higher quality MIA bass.

It's going to be a tough sell for Warwick in the UK as so few stores stock them for us guys to try :-(

M

2. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I spoke to the US Rep yesterday and he said I could get the new Fortress for $829.99.

Shaun

3. Big mark

Big mark

Jun 12, 2010
    Hi Shaun, USA always get a better deal. Normally what you guys pay in $ we have to pay in £

4. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

You are saying 799 Pounds that would be $1,254 US dollars are you sure you and not confusing the RockBass line from China with the Pro Line from Korea? That would make much more sense. I think a RockBass should be more like 380-480 Pounds.

5. Big mark

Big mark

Jun 12, 2010
    Sorry mate, it's the Rockbass line. I know what you mean though!!
    Reason given is that the new Rockbass stuff has big upgrades over the old

6. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Big Mark, I'm not sure where you were quoted those prices, but the Thomann.de UK site has the Rockbass line beginning at £327 for a Rockbass Streamer Std, and £661 for a Rockbass Fortress which is the top of the Rockbass line. http://www.thomann.de/gb/search_dir.html?gk=&bn=&sw=rockbass&oa=pra
    Please let me know if you have any questions or need assistance in any way. Thanks!

7. Big mark

Big mark

Jun 12, 2010
    Hi Warwick, this is what I was quoted from GAK, they said it was a price direct from you guys??

8. Big mark

Big mark

Jun 12, 2010
    I have given up getting one local, but I would at least like to keep the purchase in the UK

9. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Big Mark,

We have a brand new dealer for the UK. They will be building up their website soon, and should have things in place by October/November. We hope this will make things easier for our customers in the UK! Please let me know if you have any questions, and you can use the following contact for our new partner!

Play Away Guitars
    Unit W4, Knoll Business Centre
    Old Shoreham Road
    BN3 7GS Hove, East Sussex
    Great Britain

Phone : 0044 01273 423950
    Mail : info@playawayguitars.com

10. Big mark

Big mark

Jun 12, 2010
    Oooooh, will contact them. Thanks so much Warwick

11. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    My pleasure Big Mark, We have just joined up with them - so please bear with us while they get set up, site built, orders placed, etc. However, we are very pleased to have a great new dealer in the UK! Best regards,

12. PGK1

PGK1 Commercial User

Jul 5, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Owner, Play Away Guitars
    Hi guys and thanks for the introduction.

I'm Patrick at Play Away Guitars and just wanted to confirm that we are brand new Warwick partners in the UK but please bear with us whilst we get up to speed, modify and load up our website and get all our demo gear into the showroom and get initial stocks in place.

We'll also be trying to monitor and participate in these forums from now on too but we're very happy to hear from anyone needing any help or information.

We are already all linked up with the whole team in Germany now so we will try hard to help where we can.

13. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Thanks for your post, Patrick! We're honored to have you on-board, and we look forward to working as partners. Welcome!