Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Roland combo.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by philthygeezer, Aug 23, 2004.

1. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    New Roland Cube 100 bass:

[​IMG]

100watt 1x12
    37 pounds

The new Cube-100 Bass is packed with a 12" 2-way high-performance speaker, a 100W amplifier, eight COSM® amp models, a 4-band EQ, Shape switch, five digital effects, and a Balanced Out jack (Pre/Post).

Nice!

:hyper:

2. Not bad if 100w is all you need, I'de buy it today.

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Pfffft! Not at $450!

4. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Why so shocked? An Ampeg BA115 is $449 and the B100R is $499, an SWR WM12 new is $499. So what's the problem? If the Cube 30 is any indication, the Cube 100 will be a loud, light little amp with good built-in amp modeling, compressor, octaver, wah, and a crap-load of other good features that the above-mentioned amps can't touch.

I have a Cube 30 gu*tar combo and it is three or four times the Fender combo that I would have paid a hundred bucks less for. Simply put, the Rolands are worth the coin.

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Sorry, I can't justify spending that much money on such low wattage. I'm sure it's a fine little amp. I'm not putting it down at all.

6. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    Yeah, as a class I find them all to be kind of pricey. For me, I need something light enough to chuck around at airports and versatile enough for practice and jamming with acoustics. At 10 lbs lighter than my SWR WM12 with all those features, it should work well for most of my needs. 'Horses for courses.'

7. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

WOW, thats tiny for 100W.

8. skin

skin

Jun 22, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA USA
  9. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
  10. philthygeezer

philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    I wonder if it goes to 160watt at 4 ohm with extension. Do you think Roland will come out with an extension cab?

11. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Looks good...
    Wanted to replace my old combo which i hate with something and I was thinking about the Cube 30, but now that this came along, maybe i'll try to find this one... But I doubt I'll find this one used in a couple of years, and i dont have the money for a new one :(
    Maybe I'll find a good deal on a used GK MB150S till then :hyper: