Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Rondo Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by incognito89x, Aug 25, 2003.

1. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:eek: !!!

I find myself in the market for a fretless right now! :D

2. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    WOW! Is that actually REAL bubinga? That has got to be the best deal under 1000$.

3. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    They are made of solid alder and quilted maple top according to the website.

4. i think its a mess up, if u look that bass doesnt even have a top.i think iam going to be getting the 6 string fretted.

5. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
  6. I think it's a bit odd that the text descriptions sometimes don't match the actual bass. Maybe Kurt's too busy to edit the text.

*shrug*

ed

7. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    You noticed em too eh? :) I posted a thread a few nights ago about the Quilted maple 6 and Bubinga 6. I think the Bubinga will probably be my next bass. I want to start learning 6 but I don't want to pay too much in case I decide that I can't handle it. Anyone here know about a Brice 6 neck profile compares to an Ibanez Soundgear or Dean Edge? Thos are the only 2 6's I've ever played in a store.

8. I'd suggest contacting Kurt at Rondo directly with an email. He's been very good about answering questions.

ed

9. dude.........I know what you mean!!! too bad I can't either hear sound clips or even get to try one out before playing.but that definitely sounds really cool!

10. If a person who has played mainley 4 or 5 string fretted...which one of those Bubingas would be better to get, Or the one that would be easier to 'grasp ahold of'?
    6 string fretted or 5 string fretless?

11. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    [​IMG]

that is the one I want. I have emailed Kurt about string spacing. I will post when I find out.

12. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    string spacing at the bridge is 3.5". That figures out to around 17.75 mm string pitch at the bridge. Not bad for a 6er.

13. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    If someone would just buy my ATK300, I could spring for one of the fretless 6ers! :D

14. post some pics and soundclips...I know someone looking for a good bass for the money...

15. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    man...I'm gassin so bad for that swamp ash, maple neck 5 string jazz! That thing is a beaut.
    -Bazz-

16. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Those basses look like they don't suck at all.

17. Planet Boulder

Nov 10, 2001
    Five: Check the classifieds. I have no soundclips, though, unfortunately.

By the way - did anyone else notice that the position markers on the fretlesses are placed similar to the Michael Kely acoustics - in between where the frets should be?

18. anyone gonna be the guinea pig?

19. Im seriously contemplating getting one now...i just gotta figure which would be better for me, 5 fretless or 6 fretted.