Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Roots cd

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Anybody else like it? They never disappoint me. I've only heard 1/2 of it so far though.

2. There's a new Roots CD???? :eek:

Geez, How is it?

3. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    Very Good! Phrenology. Comes with a DVD for a couple extra bucks.ROOTS CD AT AMAZON

4. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I really like it! It's a bit different than their last few albums, but in a good way. Also interesting that Malik B no longer seems to be in the band, and one of the songs (I think it was Water?) referenced him having a drug problem...

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    supposedly malik "retired."

i really really like this cd. lots of good beats, good rhymes, and "water" is about as close to brilliant as one can get.

two thumbs up.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Maybe it's me, but I didn't like it. Oh well, different strokes.........

7. ryan morris

ryan morris Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Some songs are excellent and I can't stop playing them, but the rest cross over into cRAP and that's not too cool for my taste... Good thing it came with a DVD of some of their good ol' songs..

8. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    The more I listen to this album, the more I like it. Haven't gotten around to the DVD yet...

9. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    The DVD is sweet too.

10. damn, i like it. they just get more and more better evolved in the musical sense every album. THe "crossover" stuff iike alot, but I do recognize that that is just what it is and has to be taken for its worth