Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new roscoe lg-3005

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fodera of doom, Feb 17, 2006.

1. fodera of doom

fodera of doom

Jan 25, 2006
    athens,Ga
  2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Nice!!! Love the color scheme and the fretboard.

You live in Athens?? My dad teaches at the UGA, but I moved away many years ago. Some of my buddies still live there -- pretty cool place with a great music scene.

God, how many nights did I spend in clubs in Athens listening to all manner of bands . . .

3. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Congratulations! I love the fingerboard! What pre is installed? Jim at Atlanta Bass Gallery's a great guy to deal with. I try not to go there much though........way too much GAS!:D

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    nice :)))

5. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats on the new LG....looks great! :hyper:

BartmanPDX-Do you remember which bands you listened to? A good friend of mine (Andy Baker) from my home town moved to Athens when he graduated from H.S. and has been a major fixture on the scene ever since. He started Rock Central studios, which later merged with another studio in town. He has played in a number of different bands over the last 15 years and has recorded just about every decent band to come through Athens in the last 12+ years or so. Just wondering if you were around during that time.... :)

6. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    Nice bass. Actually, most of those basses on those pages are really nice! I've only ever played a Roscoe once a long time ago and I remember it being a really top notch instrument.

7. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    i choose that
    [​IMG]

look the string spacing,the ideal for me,amazing bass
    ...... oh,congrats in your new Roscoe,nice bass

8. Sweet bass, man! I love the fingerboard - very cool feature.

You don't look very happy for a guy who picked up such a sweet axe!;) Funny how the only guys who are really smiling on that page are the Sadowsky guys. What's up with that?

I smile when I play MY Roscoe....:D

9. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    Congrats on the bass. So what are the specifics? Body wood, top, fretboard, pre?

Shawn

10. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    It's simple John...................The Roscoe is a serious bass!;)

hummmmm..................I guess that means that the Sadowsky is a funny bass!:bag:

11. Shiveringbass

Shiveringbass

Aug 21, 2005
    France
    + 1 on that. Especialy the fingerboard !

Congrats man !
    :)

12. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    Just checked the picture, and by your last name I have to ask...do you have a brother that teaches eight grade science?

13. fodera of doom

fodera of doom

Jan 25, 2006
    athens,Ga
    no i don't have a brother tha teaches 8th grade.

14. jordanm

jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Congrats on the new bass man, I just moved to Atl from Athens. I have to say I'm a new revived Roscoe fan, great basses.

15. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    Sorry if the question was misleading, but the question was directed to funky tune, as I had a teacher back then named Mr. Snodgrass ;)

16. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

Congrats and enjoy the beautiful bass.

17. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I graduated from H.S. in Athens in 1986, and went off to college. I returned for summers, but not as many bands were playing during the summer since most of the students were gone. I also lived in Athens for a year after I graduated, from 1990-1, before I went off to grad school. Since then, I've only spent a week or two in Athens per year, though I did spend a year at the UGA doing my teaching credential in 1995-6. I saw too many bands to name, and I hoisted more than a few at that time as well. One of my best friends currently plays upright with Col. Cruce Hampton and the Codetalkers. Andy might also know Mark Maxwell, who has a recording studio there and who is a good buddy of my best friend.

1990-1 was a blur; I was hanging out with a band composed of buddies from high school. "Nickel night" took its toll on me on many occasions.