New Roscoe SKB3007

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tritone, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
  2. Very nice! Love that burl maple.
  3. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Very nice! hope you'll be pleased with it!!
  4. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    What's the string spacing on those beasts?
  5. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats on the new bass! It looks great. :smug:

Halftooth-Roscoe string spacing roughly equates to 18mm. Slight variations can be achieved (slightly wider or slightly narrower) by adjusting the saddles. However, 19mm spring spacing is available but requires a different sized bridge (this is easily handled when custom ordering a bass).
  6. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Congratulations :cool:

There are some very cool Roscoe's out there ... this is one of my favorite 6ers
  7. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Santee eh? Where abouts do you play?
  8. Very cool! Congrats! I would assume it's got a fairly warm, compressed sound - with the ebony, cedar, and Bart set-up.

There's a KILLER 7-string for sale at Alpha Music in Virginia. That one is gorgeous!!!
  9. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Great looking bass! Classy looking burl Myrtle top! :) I was certainly pleasantly surprised how well the Roscoe 3006 basses play (compared to other brands I've tried). I'm sure his 7 string basses play nicely also. Let us know how you like it.
  10. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Now there's a name that brings back memories!! I dropped a -LOT- of money in Alpla music back when I lived in Virginia!

Beautiful bass!!!!
  11. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Nice, Mike. Hope it works out for you. :cool:
  12. Hopefully they are good memories! :D

If you go to their website, you'll see it - it KILLS! Spalted maple top, katalox fingerboard, Aggie 3-band. It really looks like a great instrument.
  13. Tritone

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Thanks everyone! It sure sounds good so far...I'll be wringing it out this weekend with my country/roadhouse band (yes, I actually will use all of the strings.... :rolleyes: ). My initial impression is that the bass has a huge bottom/focused mids/glassy highs vibe. It's very warm, but not so much that it sounds muds out, but I'll know better this weekend!

Jared, we'll be at the Renegade Inn in Lakeside this Friday and Saturday!

And Carl...I just couldn't resist ;)
  14. just curious, how much did that set you back? reason is i am thinking of maybe looking into a custom 7 string in the future, and though i wont be able to afford one for a while, its never to earl to start thinking about prices.
  15. Tritone

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    PM sent
  16. Tritone

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
  17. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    That's one of those really interesting pieces of ebony that Keith came across with gray streaks in it. I managed to grab one of those too...very nice! ;)
  18. OoOohH the GAS pain!
    That thing is simply perfect to me.
  19. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    gorgeous bass!