Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new rotten wood! - by Nordstrand

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Sep 23, 2004.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    oh, boy... THIS is gonna be fun!
    Carey is set to start on my new Nordstrand " Access Bass" fiver - this Amboyna top will have transparent "burgundy" stain, on an Ash body and Maple neck and Birdseye ( because that is my ULTIMATE wood combo!)
    Matching , and i mean MATCHING pups, Dual coils.
    F Bass pre
    Chrome Hipshot hardware
    Fiber optics
    I CANNOT WAIT to see what Carey does with this...
    i'll say it again, Carey Nordstrand's work is nothing short of absolutely amazing, and I have heard what this combo sounds like! ... look out! ;)
    [​IMG]

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Ok so...what are the bets on how long before he sells it! ;)

3. MichaelScott

MichaelScott

Jul 27, 2004
    Moorpark CA
    wow that is going to look bad ass. Congrats.

4. Awesome, Adrian! Can't wait to see how this one progresses. Carey's work is certainly amazing.

5. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Jared...I think this is the ultimate combo Mr. AG is looking for :eek: I really think so this time...if not, I'll first in line :D

Adrian, I really love that top...anything left over for me to make some pup covers?? :bag:

6. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    So should I start saving up now? :help:

7. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Oh man I can't wait to see how that turns out.

8. that's going to be amazing, Amboyna is my new favorite top wood. and that section down the middle is just sick.

if you ever decide to sell that I will make you an offer you can't refuse :D

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    yeah! let's take bets on how long before i sell this! i start the betting at $4500- do i hear $4600 ? :rolleyes:

:D

10. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Hmm - got any test pieces w/ the stain? I'd be a little scared of staining such an awesome piece of wood. :meh:

11. Adrian, that looks like it's going to be the sickest bass ever. Can't wait to see it unfold.

12. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    That slab of wood is so amazing, I'd call it intoxicating.

Enjoy

Slug

13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I agree-I wouldn't put a drop of stain on it. It's too unique and beautiful.

14. C'mon guys...let's give A a break here. Yeah, he sells a lot of really nice basses that some would need to be pryed from cold dead fingers - but remember it IS part of his business to do so.

15. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    :confused:

16. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Sweeeeet.... :D

Are these going to be the Villex pups or Carey's "ordinary" pups? I was just thinking the other day how awesome a set of Villex's would sound with an F bass pre. :hyper:

17. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Congrats Adrian :) I'm glad you managed to pull enough together for the bass ;)

18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I wanna see more.