Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NEW RULE, PLUS SOME REMINDERS. READ IT OR RISK BEING MADE FUN OF LATER.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Blackbird, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    If someone's asking $50 for an item, don't try to be cute and make a $10 offer. Not only is it not funny, it can be insulting. TalkBass members have a right to sell their gear and not have their time wasted.

Addendum: At the behest of a member, I have been asked to remind sellers to be clear about their asking prices. Buyers have a right to offer any amount they like if they're not clear on how much the seller wants.

Added Addendum(Yeah, I know it's redundant.):

Don't wanna come down too hard on the younger crowd, but let's keep the "Gee, I wish I could afford that, but I'm only 14 and have no money" posts to a minimum, m'kay? Let's keep the classifieds lean. We do business here.

Talkbass has 16 topical forums (not counting the DB section) that cover the spectrum of subjects pretty well, and people are chatting in the classifieds! What are you doing here? The rest of TB can't be that boring! If you want to tell the world how you can't afford a bass, go to "basses" and moan with the rest of the grown ups!

And I'm through.

Jeez, you guys are a lot of work!:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.