New rule when buying an amp:

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mike Money, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    If you are going to whine about how much it hurts your back, do not buy it. Get a dolly or something else to move it back and forth on. And if you are still gonna complain, get a ferandes self-amped bass.

That is all.
  2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.

Ill second that. It should jsut be common sence. If you cant move it, dont bother. If you can move it go for it :D
  3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    ya know, that was my rule for life, but then, i just ordered a 78 lbs. Acme B-4...

crap! :rolleyes: ;)
  4. 78 lbs. for a 4x10 ain't too shabby. One of those 59 lb. Epifani's would be n ice though. :)
  5. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    I carry all of my stuff myself. Total weight around 250... I bought it so I live with it. I was going to buy an 810 but thought I should hold off untill I have a roadie or 10.
  6. Someone's venting ;). But I do agree with you, I carry my 80 lbs combo on my own everywhere, and it's not a big deal.
  7. rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Yeah, I know, I just moved to the lighter GS112s. But...I still schlep the subs, the mains, monitors, the mixer, the power and effects racks, the lights, cables and all the stands by least until I get to the gig-then I get some help. And I'm a vertically challenged old fart.

8. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    i have another thing. Try the ampon full volume in the shop. When you normally try it you have it on quiet so they can sell you a amp that will overload on half volume