1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Sadowsky in the works...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeff Rader, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Well, my search for a fretless is finally over. I just ordered a new 5 string 24F fretless from Roger on Friday. It will be ready in about 6 (long) months. He's putting a special top on it that I can't wait to see - a Sadowsky first!

It will have his active electronics with the passive tone option, lined ebony board that will be polyester coated and black hardware.

Roger's such a great guy. It's a pleasure to do business with him.

Now the wait begins... :)

Jeff

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Hey, Jeff, I know it's a few months away, but let me know when you get that new baby, and post a review.

It would be interesting to see how Roger's fretless will compare to the higher end Zon and Pedulla fretlesses, as well as things like F bass and Roscoe.

Congrats on your new commission. Hope that the wait doesn't kill you.;)

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    He has a red stain w/quilted top in his shop as of yesterday & it SMOKED!!!! I don't like to play frettless but I didn't want to give it back!!!!!

What kind of top is it?

Congrats.

5. Thanks, Nino.

I saw that red stained top on his site. Looks great.

The one I am getting will have a spalted maple top with a natural finish. I'm sure it will be stunning.

176 days and counting... :)

Jeff

6. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Just in time for Christmas ;)

7. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    argh!! I WANT A SADOWSKY!! :mad:
    hehe congrats on your new bass!! ;)

8. hey Nino, do you still have your G&L basses (L-2000/2500)?...if so, how much are you selling 'em for?

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member