Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Sadowsky in the works...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeff Rader, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Well, my search for a fretless is finally over. I just ordered a new 5 string 24F fretless from Roger on Friday. It will be ready in about 6 (long) months. He's putting a special top on it that I can't wait to see - a Sadowsky first!

It will have his active electronics with the passive tone option, lined ebony board that will be polyester coated and black hardware.

Roger's such a great guy. It's a pleasure to do business with him.

Now the wait begins... :)

Jeff

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Hey, Jeff, I know it's a few months away, but let me know when you get that new baby, and post a review.

It would be interesting to see how Roger's fretless will compare to the higher end Zon and Pedulla fretlesses, as well as things like F bass and Roscoe.

Congrats on your new commission. Hope that the wait doesn't kill you.;)

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    He has a red stain w/quilted top in his shop as of yesterday & it SMOKED!!!! I don't like to play frettless but I didn't want to give it back!!!!!

What kind of top is it?

Congrats.

5. Thanks, Nino.

I saw that red stained top on his site. Looks great.

The one I am getting will have a spalted maple top with a natural finish. I'm sure it will be stunning.

176 days and counting... :)

Jeff

6. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Just in time for Christmas ;)

7. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    argh!! I WANT A SADOWSKY!! :mad:
    hehe congrats on your new bass!! ;)

8. hey Nino, do you still have your G&L basses (L-2000/2500)?...if so, how much are you selling 'em for?

9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member