Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new Sadowsky Metro on the way

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AJ Love, Jul 7, 2004.

1. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    my wife busted out and surprised me with a new Sadowsky Metro today....it arrives here tommorow AM. I'm psyched to check it out. Nino Brown was great to deal with over the phone. The folks at Sadowsky switched out the .045's to .040's for me and re-checked the set-up and everything

http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/m147.html

2. Where did you find that one!? The wife, I mean--I know where you found the bass. ;)

Seriously, looks gorgeous! (The bass--I don't know about the wife, though I'm sure she's also very nice.)

Mike

3. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    Nino works at Sadowsky?!?!?!?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

f

4. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    WOW... Now THAT's love!

5. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Your wife has grrrrrrrrrreat taste in basses. I love that color and wood combo.

And it's not even your birthday! :)

Lucky duck.

Marshall

6. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    well technically I am 38 and half exactly today. according to current longevity/life expectancy statistics, I just might be at exactly the halfway point of my life today...

anyways :cool:

yep my wife is cool. she does have her ulterior motives though: she's getting tired of me constantly buying and selling (often at a loss) various basses. I've seriously gone through 10 different basses this year alone trying to find the right one. The one bass I regret getting rid of was a Sadowsky NYC. My wife knows this and realizes that getting a good Sadowsky in my hands won't be the end of GAS, but I will at least have a #1 bass I can stick with for awhile

7. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    Congrats to you, what a great gift!! :D

Hrm...Makes me ponder if mine is trucking around to my house, should be any day now for me. The 3 month date is coming up :bassist:

8. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx

Yes he does :bassist:

9. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    TB wonders never cease!

f

10. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I think Fred is being sarcastic. LOL :)

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Oh poo thats nice.

12. Sarcasm has no place on TB. BTW, Nino is peripherally connected with Valenti Basses too.

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Very nice Sadowsky, your going to be one happy camper. Congrads on such a cool wife , now it's you turn to do something special for her, oh the beauty of Marriage. :hyper:

14. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Love it! I had Namm #2 in the exact configuration and color scheme. Great piece. I only sold it because I couldnt pass up Nino's NYC caramel burst!! PLAY IT AND LOVE IT.

BTW, your wife rules!!

Rob