1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Sadowsky Metro

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bikeplate, Mar 3, 2004.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    :hyper:

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI!

Wow!! Lots of replies to my lowly thread. Thanx to everyone for your kind words. It does rock. I took off the nickels last night and put on a new set of stainless medium gauge Sadowsky strings. WHoa!! What a combo. These new strings kill. Get a few sets people. I'll be throwin the bass in the air and generally be playing it the next few nights!! I'll report on tone earlier next week!!!

Once again, if you've wanted a Sad in the past and have balked because of the dollars, balk no more!!! This bass hangs out nicely alongside my 2 NYC's

Rob

3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Played the Metro Friday night and most of Sat night. It is smokin'. It's not as warm as my standard 5 but has a real focused J tone about it. I think the alder body does that! A touch heavier than my other 2 but still very comfy with no issues. Love it! Looks great too. Even my drummer thought is sounded good! LOL. People, don't hesitate. Grab one!

Rob