1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new sadowsky on the way....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by timmarks, Apr 23, 2006.

1. timmarks

timmarks Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland, D'Addario, Mesa
    after reading a bunch of sad threads on here i thought i'd join the party...

http://www.sadowsky.com/stock/view/4402.html

It's on the way!!

I've been experimenting with a bunch of jazz basses recently and as it turns out, I dig things about all of them. I always thought Sad's were cool, but I was busy playing and enjoying other basses. Recently I borrowed two sad's from different friends and I was very intrigued....

1--metro--very nice--less character (read: less mids) than my fenders and lakland, but I've never heard myself so well on the 2 gigs I used it--it just cut and sounded great....

2--NYC ultra-vintage wired passive (preamp taken out) It was great as well and the single coils, oh, the single coils. It had a really strong growl. played great, even tone etc...I imagined it would be even better with a pre. My other basses also sound and play well, but I dug this enough to put it on the radar....

So I called and got a quote with all of the options I wanted and then didn't do anything about it..... So there I was, minding my own business several weeks later, when I went on the Sad site and they had a bass in stock that was essentially what I would have ordered!! (except possibly CAR instead of LPB) But older radius, nitro finish etc--spot on....

So we'll see what happens when it arrives. Again, I am happy with the basses I have, but this seems like it's well worth giving a real try. So many players swear by them, I wanna give it a shot....
    I'll keep you updated and appreciate any input. thanks....

2. kjones

kjones

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    You sir have chosen wisely. The LPB is great, IMO, and the tone.......well the tone will be impossible to beat. I love your bass and expect a full report.

3. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.
    Banned by TB Administration for refusal to account for funds
    Sweet. But where is the stacked Fender style knobs? I am sure Roger can get them. Weird. I would order a set. The chrome stacked Bass/Treble looks out of place.

4. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Congrats, let us know how you like it!

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice bass, 9" radius is too small for me but if thats what you like, go for it :)

6. timmarks

Jan 26, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    yes, fender style knobs to match the other three--i will send an email--maybe they can throw those on there before they put it in the box....

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Welcome to the Sadowsky club ! :bassist:

8. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Congrats. Great color

Rob

9. That's a great looking bass, congrats.

10. timmarks

Jan 26, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    thanks guys--i'll give ya a full report

11. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    Congrats!!! CAR is also my fav solid color, but that LPB looks great.

12. nonohmic

nonohmic Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    Nice bass! Great colour and the pick up cover is awesome.

And its magic ability to hang sideways from a hanger is crazy!! :D

13. Congrats, enjoy!

14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Eh, looks and probably sounds like my SX. If that what gets you through the night, I guess. :rolleyes:

Congrats! You'll love it! I love my MS5! :bassist:

15. timmarks

Jan 26, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    they don't have fender style stack--they'll put they're regular black stack-knob on before it ships. the chrome is ok, but a little out of place next to the vintage-style knobs. the regular black should blend in fine...

great to hear from all of the sadowsky regulars on the board--thanks!!

16. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

You can get the stacked classic knobs though. Just surprised Roger doesn't have them for these basses.

17. BigMikeW

BigMikeW Banned

May 25, 2005
    Nashville, TN.

You can get the stacked classic knobs though. Just surprised Roger doesn't have them for his Ultra Vintage basses.

18. dragonbass

dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    Congrats on the Sadowsky!

I was at the shop 2 weeks ago when that was being built. You will love that bass, and the color is awesome!

Rob

19. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    awesome bass! love the finish and guard... oh so classy...

20. timmarks

Jan 26, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    very cool---i was wondering if maybe it had been a return or something--the serial # is lower than the other new basses that went up on the site last week.