New Sadowsky Ultra Vintage Metro

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by peabody, Jan 21, 2005.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I just read on the Sadowsky website that they are introducing (at NAMM) a new Ultra Vintage Metro series that will have the 70's look with block inlays and binding. I was wondering if anyone who is attending NAMM has happened to try one of these out and has any reports/pictures. I'd love to see one.
  2. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Where did you find this info ?
    I'm on the Sadowsky website and see nothing...

3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    nothing on the S-site, maybe we could as some of the NAMMer's if they see anything to report.
  4. fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    From the Sdaowsky website

Is the Sadowsky Tokyo line completely being discontinued and replaced by the Metro Line? I liked the block inlays and binding on the Tokyo models—is that still available?

The Tokyo Line has been discontinued and replaced by the Metro Line. We will be releasing a "Ultra Vintage 70's Metro" with blocks and binding that will debut at NAMM. Stay tuned ...
  5. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Yep, fcoda found it. Just go to the Metro section and read down through the FAQ's. It's the last question (and answer). I just bought a new Trans White MV4 about a month ago and now I'm thinking I wish I would have waited. I really love the look of the block inlays. I sold a '75 Fender Jazz to buy the Sadowsky, and while I like the Sadowsky much better, the '75's neck had a cool look. I realize the blocks are (were) available on the Tokyo Sadowsky's, but I never came across one in my search. I'm anxious to see one of the new Metros and find out what the price point is.
  6. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    COOL!!!, I've got a Metro RV5 and was thinking about a MV4 for a backup and love the block inlays, now only If we can get Roger to do matching Headstocks with custom colors!
  7. fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    I was planning to going to Sadowsky and try and buy a Metro in a couple of weeks now I may wait until this model is available.
  8. He had two with ash bodies, natural finish, and white blocks on a maple board. I just thought they were Tokyos.
  9. fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    I was hoping there would be a rosewood board model also - I'm almost sure I want to get a rosewood board but I won't be sure until I have tried both
  10. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    sounds way cool to me
    i always liked the look of those 70's jazz basses
  11. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    Can anyone shed some light on if these will cost extra and if these will be available on the rosewood/morado boards?
  12. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    This is great! But I too prefer the look of the Mother-of-pearl inlays against a rosewood board better than Mapleboard with the block inlays.

Another wish list would be an Ash Body Metro with a Rosewood board with block inlays. Not sure Metros will ever allow variations other than Ash/Maple or Alder/Rosewood.

13. Well I've got a new MV4 for sale on this site right now for $1600.00 No inlays but you save big bucks plus my has VTC.
    #334, 59' burst PERFECT condition.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Interesting looking foward to seeing one. Roger has put out alot of new Products and options the last few years, thanks for your service and dedication to the bass community Roger.
  15. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    +1. Further than "just" the quality of his instruments, I believe Roger's subtle attention to musicians' needs and wishes also contributes much in many ones' GAS. So one more thank for Roger, from a French guy who is willing to enter the Sadowsky community ASAP.

16. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    There will be a rosewood board with pearl blocks/white binding, a maple board with pearl blocks/white binding AND a maple board with BLACK BLOCKS/BLACK BINDING!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get my self a 5 string Geddy. :)
  17. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    When I started reading this thread I was thinking "please black blocks on maple please black blocks on maple..." and when I got to your post, I was happy indeed. GAS is a terrible but wonderful thing.

Nino any pics yet?.
  19. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    I just got a call from the guys from Low Down Sound here in Detroit.
    They talked to Roger at the show and the Ultra Vintage Metro (UVM???) basses are coming out.
    I guess the bridge pick-up is a little close to the bridge for more of a 70's Jazz type of tone and yes, cool blocks and binding!!! :hyper: Yipee!!!!!!!!!
    Now, my question, ash with rosewood?????
    Or just the standard Metro options of ash/maple & alder/rosewood??
    Hmm.....starting to think about color................ ;)

Oh yeah, like $400 more too!

Still thinking about color........... :meh:

Planning ahead is a mark of being a true Sadowsky fan. ;) :D