Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rogerjeep, Sep 11, 2005.

1. rogerjeep

rogerjeep

Aug 10, 2005
    I ordered a Sadowsky Standard 5 in Febuary and recently I was told it is almost complete. I can't wait!!! I will post pics when I get it. However, I am concerned about the gig bag. When I orded the bass I requested the incase gig bag now I am told Sadowsky doesn't use this case anymore they use they Mooradian.( I am not sure why) I have never seen this bag. Can someone please post a review of this bag and possible recommendations on a better bag for my Sadowsky.

Thanks

2. If Mr. Sadowsky decided that these new bags would be more suitable, he's probably right!

Check out this link to Mooradian.

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Congrats, but it doesn't exist without pics!
    :p

-Ray

4. yeah... i want to see some pics when you get it.

5. As far as I know, In-case stopped production on their instrument bags.

6. As of a couple of months ago Incase was in a "transition" stage and I supposedly got the last Tour Bag they had from Carrie. I recently lost a lot of gear in a fire including my 2 Dub Bags and other cases as well most of my basses and other gear...I have 2 Tour Bags left and as far as I know you can't get any from anywhere at this point....I did see a post somewhere that The Low End had a few so you want to check with TBer Brian Barrett to see if they still have any...Good Luck...

Peace,

T

7. OK, congrats...
    Wer'e just curious! where are the pix?

Vince

8. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    The ultralight "hard case" is really nice if you aren't set on a gig bag. Not as easy to carry, but not too heavy, very protective, and just nicely done, as you would expect from anything Sadowsky puts their name on. I can't really comment on the new bags.

I will say that I lucked into the very last Sadowsky InCase bag a couple weeks ago - sorry, but I am still giggling about my good fortune there.

As Tommix said, InCase stopped producing gig bags a few months ago. I was talking to Roger, and he mentioned he's been working with another company trying to get a similar bag going to the incase ones. Not sure on a time frame for that, though I know it won't be before your bass is ready.

9. I agree that the Ultralite hard case is awesome, it is now housing my 66 Jazz and my Levy's gig bag holds the Sadowsky!!!! Roger knows his stuff, and whatever bag he decides on will be on par with the quality of his instruments.

10. I forgot to mention that I ordered 2 of these last week and should have them on Tuesday.....

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Accessories/Cases/Bass_LiteCase.html

I was told that this is the same Ultra Lite that Sadowsky is using for all of their basses including the NYC line right now. I was also told that they are looking into a case like the Incase....Don't know if this helps or not...

Peace,

T

11. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    hi,

i just got my sadowsky last week.

i just ordered a mooradian gig bag from them.

someone put the mooradian web link above, what did you think?

i saw one that a customer in my local bass shop had. he has ahd it 7 or 8 years and it was very hard wearing.well padded and really nicely padded backstraps.
    i liked it because it was simple and clean looking without too many pockets or fancy coloured stuff. thats what i wanted from a bag. i originally would have got an incase too but i think i will be very happy with the mooradian because it is a simple, plain, tough bag that is unassuming.

cheers.

12. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    My Sadowsky or Fenders travel in my Mooradian single or double gig bags. Very well made.

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

The new hardcases are really nice , lots of room for other giging stuff.

14. :rollno:

how come y'all can get sadowskys and Im stuck with an alvarez!
    :bawl:

Which is not a bad bass at all... but... it just aint fair

15. I think the regular Sadowsky case is good to have especially to ship it in. I also got an Incase bag and love it. If I ever need to ship my Sad's I have the orginal box and thick regular Sad case... they are kinda of a pain for everyday use, hence the inCase bag. The incase is the best bag/case I've ever had. It's as much case as bag... I also have a Lakland gig bag for lighter duty hauling an it's a wonderfully made bag also... as are their basses.

16. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Before we sold the remaining inventory of InCase bags, we went through all of the existing orders to se if any customers had a bass with an InCase.

If you're Roger Ramsey, there is an Incase on hold for you.

If not, :bag: we overlooked your case selection.

17. The Mooridian bag is really nice...
    I carry it almost every day in New York, travel in subways, and even though I try to be careful, sometimes bang into things/people...

Also have been on 3 tours with it, traveling on planes every other day, and nothing ever happened to it in the gigbag...

So yeah, I think it will be fine!!! The only thing that ever happened was... I was walking home one night, and it was really slick from the melted snow... I fell down with the Sadowsky on my back!!! The neck cracked out of place, but Nino cracked it right back into place the next day, and then they sealed the where the paint chipped....

BTW enjoy your new bass, I have a pink Sadowsky P-bass, and I swear the thing gets better every time I pick it up....

18. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Two years ago my Sadowsky left Jay Street on a Mooradian bag: well padded, solid zips and nothing wrong with it.

19. I have two Sadowsky mooradian gig bags: a single and double. They work great; I've travelled a quite a bit and flown with them both in overhead bins and sadly sent them in into the belly of one plane. All was fine. No worries.

And not to sound a like blind follower but if Roger's name is on it, then you need not have any concerns.

20. rogerjeep

rogerjeep

Aug 10, 2005
    Thaniks for all the advice guys. And thank you Nino.