new Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yvon, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Have you seen the new Sadpwsky P and J basses?
    He called the ultra vintage.
    I post a pick of the P here, but he also made a Jazz.
    I want one...maybe 2

2. The Jazz looks awesome as well!

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Looks sweet but I like Sadowsky basses because they are slightly downsized from the Fenders. Roger & I spoke about these basses when I was @ his shop to put a deposit on my 24 fret 5 (still not done:() The basses probably play PHENOMONAL, thou.
  4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I got a chance to play a few at BassNW (not the Ultra vintage, just the regular ones) and I gotta say...definitly fine instruments. They felt solid, and sound great. The feel, wasn't my bag, but I tell you what I think a few more minutes might have convinced my different...:)
  5. Finally Sadowsky did a bass with a Jazz body.
    I'm not kidding. A downsized jazz body can be comfortable to wear and if you look (and play) at it there's nothing to complain.

BUT once reading a Bass Player magazine issue I looked at a Sadowsky ad (it seemed very good), on the next page in the same position with the same dimensions I found a pic of a COMMON Fender Jazz bass.
    My gosh, how the Sadowsky was ugly in comparison ...
  6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I'm not certain that I understand this last post. But I guess everyone has their opinion. This sure wouldn't be my impression. There's also the playability and tone aspect that comes into the picture here.
  7. The comparison I mean is between the body shapes.
    So you could judge a Ultra Vintage Sadowsky against a "regular" Vintage Sadowsky.

IMO the Ultra wins.
  8. Hold on dudes! If you read the Sadowsky website description, I recall it indicating the new Sadowsky Ultra Vintage is a full size body and not the usualy Sadowsky slightly down-sized body.

The one thing I love about this concept is the neck sits deeper into the body effectively bringing the bass body surface closer to your picking/plucking/popping fingers. Right now my Sadowsky standard 4 jazz is at Roger's shop having the neck pocket deepened to effect the same change. I should have it back in two weeks.