1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yvon, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Have you seen the new Sadpwsky P and J basses?
    He called the ultra vintage.
    I post a pick of the P here, but he also made a Jazz.
    I want one...maybe 2

[​IMG]

2. The Jazz looks awesome as well!

Jeff

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Looks sweet but I like Sadowsky basses because they are slightly downsized from the Fenders. Roger & I spoke about these basses when I was @ his shop to put a deposit on my 24 fret 5 (still not done:() The basses probably play PHENOMONAL, thou.

4. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I got a chance to play a few at BassNW (not the Ultra vintage, just the regular ones) and I gotta say...definitly fine instruments. They felt solid, and sound great. The feel, wasn't my bag, but I tell you what I think a few more minutes might have convinced my different...:)

5. Finally Sadowsky did a bass with a Jazz body.
    I'm not kidding. A downsized jazz body can be comfortable to wear and if you look (and play) at it there's nothing to complain.

BUT once reading a Bass Player magazine issue I looked at a Sadowsky ad (it seemed very good), on the next page in the same position with the same dimensions I found a pic of a COMMON Fender Jazz bass.
    My gosh, how the Sadowsky was ugly in comparison ...

6. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    I'm not certain that I understand this last post. But I guess everyone has their opinion. This sure wouldn't be my impression. There's also the playability and tone aspect that comes into the picture here.

7. The comparison I mean is between the body shapes.
    So you could judge a Ultra Vintage Sadowsky against a "regular" Vintage Sadowsky.

IMO the Ultra wins.

8. Hold on dudes! If you read the Sadowsky website description, I recall it indicating the new Sadowsky Ultra Vintage is a full size body and not the usualy Sadowsky slightly down-sized body.

The one thing I love about this concept is the neck sits deeper into the body effectively bringing the bass body surface closer to your picking/plucking/popping fingers. Right now my Sadowsky standard 4 jazz is at Roger's shop having the neck pocket deepened to effect the same change. I should have it back in two weeks.