Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new samson wireless

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stinkyrypoo, Jul 11, 2002.

1. stinkyrypoo

stinkyrypoo Guest

Jul 1, 2002
    north florida, USA
  2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    theyre not out yet, i heard they're gonna rock though. They are a square kick in the nuts in the price catagory though. The guitar ones are like $300 and $350 but the bass ones are supposed to be like $600. OUCH.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You'd better check the audio frequency range. If it's one of those sucky 50 hz units, it's useless for bass.

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's been specially designed for bass, so it should more likely be something like 30 Hz.

5. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Many bass cabs have a frequency response that only goes down to 50Hz. Its sad really.

Id probably get one with a range down to 30Hz, but I think I wouldnt be satisfied till I got one with a frequency response that goes down till about 25Hz. Just to be safe.

If you find out what the frequency response is, please post it. Ive heard some really bad wireless sytems used on bass, Id like to know if this one is different.

Peace
    Nick

7. Wareyin

Wareyin

Jul 13, 2002
    Sweetwater (at the obvious website) sells the guitar for $299...and will sell the bass for that when it arrives. I have been bugging them for almost 2 months, but its not here yet...lol

After looking around more, even American Musical Supply has the guitar one for $299.95
    Where did you hear that they would be so expensive?

8. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

I read somewhere that it is exactly the same as the guitar version but with an eq boost on the subs for bass. I other words it would be like using the guitar version with an eq to make up the bottom-end losses.

9. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    I looked it up on their web site, and they don't have any specs posted. I definitely [note correct spelling] wouldn't buy one without seeing the specs first.

10. stinkyrypoo

stinkyrypoo Guest

Jul 1, 2002
    north florida, USA