1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Sansamp BDDI Deluxe

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JohnM2001, Mar 10, 2008.

1. JohnM2001

JohnM2001

Feb 24, 2004
    Anyone tried this yet? Looks cool. See it Here Me? One good bass tone is fine for me so a standard BDDI is all I need, but if you are soloing alot or playing many different styles of songs, it would be a useful tool.

[​IMG]

2. RockStarNick

RockStarNick

Dec 18, 2007
    They went thru ALL that trouble to make this thing, and STILL left out a mid control.

:mad:

3. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    +1. I like my BDDI but without a mid control I'm not upgrading.

4. I agree. Not enough have been changed to warrant an upgrade.

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Maybe the BDDI would eat the souls of children and destroy countless speakers if they added a mid knob.

There's gotta be a rational reason for it - and that seems pretty rational to me. :ninja:

6. idoru

idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Seriously, they need to add a mid knob. Judging by TB, their sales would at least double if they got rid of the belief that "it sucks all my mids".

c-

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    It looks pretty cool. It certainly has a lot of features that I can see being handy. I personally like the simplicity of the regular 'ol Bass Driver DI, though.

8. kyral210

kyral210

Sep 14, 2007
    Manchester
    +1,000,000

9. attackbass

attackbass

Jul 16, 2007
    Endorsing Artist:Orange Amps, EBS FX, Ernie Ball, Fender Bass Guitars
    yo i've got the more basic programmable version and i've found that i've only really used one tone from it! I got it found a sound i liked and kept it!

I found, for my application of this with my current bands and work is that I got three slight variations of essentially the same tone. Although that might just be me trying to make something I like sound better.... I suppose Ideally you would set up a channel for clean, mild grit and full on gain/od

I just found full on drive a bit clanky and the clean well.. I'm not a fan of really clean tones!! lol

One advantage of it is that if you swap between active and passive basses you can assign one channel with a boost in volume to match the other active bass perhaps!?

10. JohnM2001

JohnM2001

Feb 24, 2004
    So when is Behringer coming out with the clone of this ;):rollno:

11. So will the next upgrade that includes the mid be called the Bass Driver Double Deluxe Direct Input?

Or BDDDDI?

I'm just curious how many D's they can cram into the name.:p

12. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Technically, it's just BDD now. :p

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    My thoughts exactly. Hence, I use this:

paradriver_image.

14. You know i met the EMG/Tech 21 NYC reps today

15. and...?

16. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I'll just keep my original. :p

17. Yeah, I should have bought one of those instead, too. I guess I'll just buy an RPM and hook my BDDI up to that. =X

18. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    +1 to everything. No mid control, still not worth getting.

19. im made the Suggestion that they put one more knob on and stop the mid suck

----------------
    Now playing: The Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
    via FoxyTunes

20. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    just turn down the bass and treble. that creates a mid peak at ~750hz. which is the same mid freq center as many other preamps, like the MXR M80 (which is also a pretty solid DI). works for me. para di sounds different/worse

<shrug>

or velcro a RBI to your pedal board.