1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Schecter

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Not bad.

2. Goretopsy

Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    il
    nice, i like it, i liked the 5 version except the b was too weak sounded like a tin can. hopfully this will have some more growl/balls behind it, im in the look for another 6er but i dont want to spend alot maybe $600 at most cuz i need a back up for shows and all ive got are 4's which wont help with the songs that need the low b,

3. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Hmmm :rolleyes:... Sons of different mothers?
    [​IMG]

I wonder if they're made in the same factory?

- Frank.

4. Huh? The B on a Stiletto 5 sounds like a tin can? This can't be the same bass I own. The 35" scale and neck-thru construction both contribute to an extremely tight B. Run this through dual active EMG Hz pu's and I get a nice, warm tone with plenty of punch. Granted, it's not top-of-the line. But for the price it plays very well. If the six string is as tight, I wouldn't hesitate to add it to my arsenal (if I were in the market for a six string, that is). Of course, you know how opinions go (i.e. YMMV)!

5. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    huh, i had never thought of those two basses as looking alike. mainly cuz i hate the look of the C305 (mainly the headstock) but i love the looks of the schecter. now i can see that they are really similar! probably the same pickups and preamp i would guess. i havent played the schecter. the c304 i played in a store played nice, but its real beauty was the wood, combined with excellent ergonomics (it has a belly cut out in back, so it fits around your hip/stomach/wherever you put your bass)

this new sixer looks really nice IMO. if i were in the market for a 6 i would defenitly consider it. (ill stick to my 5's thank you...)

6. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    I wasn't thinking so much of the body shape as in the hardware (particulary the bridge) and the Bubinga top. What also made me think of the C-305 was the way the the stringers looked.

- Frank.

7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i played the 5 string version back in georgia, and to tell you the truth, i was quite impressed. i played through an swr rig, and it really sounded awesome. a 6 banger wasn't available at the time...but if i woulda got that, then i prolly would never have picked up on such a great deal with this curbow sixer i have now. but, yeah, schecter really nailed it with this one. great bass. and it looks sweet, too ;)

8. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    I've checked out the lower-end Stilettos and was really impressed. But I haven't tried the 5-string Elite or Studio models. They simply look stunning. I'm very curious.

Now I've tried the Korean Ibanez BTM 5 string (I've tried the high-end Japanese ones too, but at double the price, its not a really fair comparison) and I have to say the playability, the tone, and the looks of the BTM was outstanding for the price. I was really blown away. All the reviews from magazines to regular joes/janes are all positive as well.

So my question is has anyone here compared the Stiletto Elite 5 or Studio 5 or 6 to the Ibanez BTM 5 or 6 string bass? I'm really torn here; they both look so damn good. Help!

Ron

9. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Looks like a warwick and spector had a baby!That looks alot like a spector body with warwick woods(sorry i cant remember the models).