Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Schecter

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  2. Goretopsy

Goretopsy

Feb 19, 2002
    il
    nice, i like it, i liked the 5 version except the b was too weak sounded like a tin can. hopfully this will have some more growl/balls behind it, im in the look for another 6er but i dont want to spend alot maybe $600 at most cuz i need a back up for shows and all ive got are 4's which wont help with the songs that need the low b,

3. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Hmmm :rolleyes:... Sons of different mothers?
    [​IMG]

I wonder if they're made in the same factory?

- Frank.

4. Huh? The B on a Stiletto 5 sounds like a tin can? This can't be the same bass I own. The 35" scale and neck-thru construction both contribute to an extremely tight B. Run this through dual active EMG Hz pu's and I get a nice, warm tone with plenty of punch. Granted, it's not top-of-the line. But for the price it plays very well. If the six string is as tight, I wouldn't hesitate to add it to my arsenal (if I were in the market for a six string, that is). Of course, you know how opinions go (i.e. YMMV)!

5. SRSiegel

SRSiegel Guest

Sep 17, 2001
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    huh, i had never thought of those two basses as looking alike. mainly cuz i hate the look of the C305 (mainly the headstock) but i love the looks of the schecter. now i can see that they are really similar! probably the same pickups and preamp i would guess. i havent played the schecter. the c304 i played in a store played nice, but its real beauty was the wood, combined with excellent ergonomics (it has a belly cut out in back, so it fits around your hip/stomach/wherever you put your bass)

this new sixer looks really nice IMO. if i were in the market for a 6 i would defenitly consider it. (ill stick to my 5's thank you...)

6. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    I wasn't thinking so much of the body shape as in the hardware (particulary the bridge) and the Bubinga top. What also made me think of the C-305 was the way the the stringers looked.

- Frank.

7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i played the 5 string version back in georgia, and to tell you the truth, i was quite impressed. i played through an swr rig, and it really sounded awesome. a 6 banger wasn't available at the time...but if i woulda got that, then i prolly would never have picked up on such a great deal with this curbow sixer i have now. but, yeah, schecter really nailed it with this one. great bass. and it looks sweet, too ;)

8. dgce

dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    I've checked out the lower-end Stilettos and was really impressed. But I haven't tried the 5-string Elite or Studio models. They simply look stunning. I'm very curious.

Now I've tried the Korean Ibanez BTM 5 string (I've tried the high-end Japanese ones too, but at double the price, its not a really fair comparison) and I have to say the playability, the tone, and the looks of the BTM was outstanding for the price. I was really blown away. All the reviews from magazines to regular joes/janes are all positive as well.

So my question is has anyone here compared the Stiletto Elite 5 or Studio 5 or 6 to the Ibanez BTM 5 or 6 string bass? I'm really torn here; they both look so damn good. Help!

Ron

9. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Looks like a warwick and spector had a baby!That looks alot like a spector body with warwick woods(sorry i cant remember the models).