Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new section suggestion.....

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Joe Nerve, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    bassists available.

i was just thinking, what better place for someone to come look for a bassist????

i think it would be great to have a bassist available section, seperated by city & state, so if someone needed to find someone they could search here. another perk for supporting members, plus another reason some might decide to support.

it could be an area to post in just like the other classifieds - or (i have no idea how much work this would entail) it could be like a data base. what kind of music, paid or unpaid work, experience.... actually, i think i like the simple posting thing better. this way we can say what we want plus put our personality into it.

whaattttayas think????????

2. I think this is not a bad idea at all personally. I see quite often people cross posting in all the forums looking for bassists.
    It might be able to clear/clean some of that up.

3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I third it.

Just pop it in the classifieds section next to the not so succesful "Lost and Stolen Gear" section that I pushed for. ;)

Peace
    Nick

4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    ....anyone have any idea why the email notification i just got for nickman's post just came from kontrabass@sbcglobal.net and not talkbass??? the content was the same as the admin@talkbass emails, but the address it came from was the above. what's that all about????? the internet makes me paranoid.

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I 4th it (are we on 4th yet?).

Perhaps it would be a good thing to make some Meta tag stuff so that people looking for a bassist would come up with this forum on a standard search.

6. I think we are on 7 if you count this post i made and joe twice :D