new semi-hollowbody

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by skguitarsbasses, Jul 20, 2004.

1. This is a semi-hollowbody that I finished a little while ago. It is the one being played on tour in another thread that I posted, but these are clear shots of how the bass looks. Thanks.

2. 1st

and that is awesome looking bass man, hope is plays as good as it looks
  3. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    That is sweet. Looks like a cactus on acid :p, but still pwnage none the less.
  4. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I... I don't know what to think. I like it and I hate it. I'd have play it to form an opinion. Send it to me and I'll get back to you...
  5. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada

i was thinking more along the lines of mikey mouse with lobster claws for ears, but i love the look of your basses. thats one sick puppy. keep it up :D
  6. I really like that shape for some reason :p

It has a psychedelic touch to it.
  7. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    That's a great looking FBB. Way to go Matt! ;)
  8. thanks for the kind words everyone
  9. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i have played one of Shanes' fretless basses. it played nice and had great tone.

the bass i played had a wooden bridge and a meaty neck, and about a kiloton of mwah. very wood-y sounding bass.

i also got to see some of his other projects that are in various states of construction. i would expect that they will turn out fantastic also.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Very Cool, congrads on making such a nice hollow body. :bassist:
  11. thanks for the positive review, dep!

glad you like it, major metal

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Are the horns hollow also, what electronics did you use?.
  13. the top scroll is hollow, and a large portion of the horns leading up to the scrolls are hollow

it has a kent armstrong mm style pickup, and just a standard volume and tone setup.