1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New service added to shop$$$

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Musiclogic, May 13, 2006.

1. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    I have found this kind of funny. As a favor to my longtime drummer, and best friend, I agreed to refinish his 1984 Tama Artstar 10 piece drumset. It was lacquered walnut finish over birch. The finish came out very nice, and added a new service to my shop. I am currently refinishing a Pearl DLX Pro 6 piece set for another local drummer. This is the 5th drumset I have refinished in 6 months. I have found this to be a great supplement to my current list of services. I'm hoping this might spur ideas for some of the other small shop owners on this site.:hyper:

2. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Oh man. If only I had a drumset and lived in Michigan...

Could you try getting some pictures of this though? I wanna see how some of these turn out. It sounds like a really cool idea. Sorta something like "Gee, why didn't I think of that?"

3. Musiclogic

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    I will do my best....am not a supporting member, but may start as one soon.

4. There´s no need to be a support member in order to put on some pictures all you have to do is attach the pic on the reply board, or upload the pics on a image hosting site and put the address of the pic between the (IMG) tags.
    I would like to see those drumsets refinished, good idea.

5. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    i think its more of a "this borders on a shop advert" than anything else. you need a supporting membership to post commercial posts, dont you?

6. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    ugh...ignorance...

if you actually read his post, it'd be obvious that he's not advertising his shop, but the idea of refinishing drum sets to help fellow luthiers to make some extra cash.

Greg

btw, I think it's an excellent idea, maybe if I get the right supplies and tools, and I get good enough, I'll give that a try.

Greg

7. Musiclogic

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    LOL...definately not advertising my shop, in fact, I haven't even listed my shop name. It was just something that has helped me out in the lean times, and wanted to share it.

As for the pics, Thanks Hellbastard, I will take some pics this weekend, and see about getting them up.