Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new set list

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Cossiemon, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Cossiemon

Cossiemon

Aug 20, 2001
    Hey,

The band i'm in, after some deliberation, have almost finalised our set list. We got together for a battle of the bands, but it was postponed - we didn't have enough practice time. But when it comes around again, we should be ready.

Our set is (so far):

Today - Smashing Pumpkins
    Israel's Son - Silverchair
    *Machinehead - Bush
    Kryptonite - 3 doors down
    Crash into me - Dave Matthews Band
    Ava Adore - Smashing Pumpkins
    *Always On The Run - Lenny Kravitz
    *(these could change place)

And maybe I got High - Afroman.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions?
    All appreciated.

Cossie

2. For a battle of the bands, I'd say you should open up with Machinehead. A lot of folks are gonna know it, its a high energy song. Another note, I'd finish the set with Crash Into Me, then Kryptonite, and finally Israel's Son.

3. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

This is just my personal opinion, but as you are palying only seven or eight songs why have TWO by the same band, Smashing Pumpkins? I'd prefer to see you drop one of the SP's songs and add another band or just drop one of the SP songs.

I'm not against the Smashing Pumpkins at all. I'd feel the same way if you were playing two songs from any band listed.

By the way, good luck at the contest and let us know how yoru band ranks. Battles of the Bands can be a lot of fun and an excellent learning experience.

4. Cossiemon

Cossiemon

Aug 20, 2001
    Yeah i know doing two songs might not be a good idea, we were thinking of replacing one of the pumpkins songs with "Come Together" maybe doing the Aerosmith version.

I'd like to finish on Israel's Son, cos it finishes really well, plus its in drop D so after playing the opening song i don't think it'd make much sense to loose momentum to tune. As much as i'd like, i don't have two basses :-( So i can't have one pre-tuned for me.

Thanks for the advice.