1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Shuttle 6.2 12T Combo

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by KJung, Jan 4, 2012.

1. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Hey Greg and guys! I had the pleasure of trying/reviewing the soon to ship 6.2 Shuttle 12T combo and extension cab.

WONDERFUL update to the original. The 6.2 has the new power management system, and also is voiced fatter down low. It has revoiced voicing buttons that are a bit more subtle and usable. It also has a different gain structure that allows a bit more grind if you want it.

And, the 12T cab has a more beefy woofer and a more substantial low end, while still being lightweight.

From one who was not a particular fan of the original Shuttle 6/12T, I am a BIG fan of this version.

Greg, I'm still LOVING the Streamliner that I purchased from you. Hope all is well.

New Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 12T combo and extension cab - YouTube

2. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Awesome, thanks for the update, Ken!

Man, you're hearnig about the new stuff before I am!!! You lucky dog!!!

3. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Here is a picture with the tilt back engaged.

Shuttle62_4.

4. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I know the Genz guys were sensitive about getting the info to their dealers, but word got out so they gave the go-ahead to post up for those who had the opportunity for a sneak peak. I assume your rep is virtually in the process of calling you:)

Thought I'd post up over here since you are such a great source for Genz products. You will be quite impressed by this stack... very beefy.

I'm using my Alleva-Coppolo 70's J in this clip, with broken in DR Hi Beams FYI.

Again, hope you are well!

5. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Life is good, and I hope the same is true for you!

6. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    this looks like it will be a really nice update to the shuttle series...thanks for the review ken.

7. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    This looks bad for my budget. I could really use a small/light combo though. The Shuttle 9.0 or TH500 with Berg AE210 is overkill for some of my small gigs. The previous Shuttle 3.0/1-10 didn't really float my boat. This might. I'll have to check it out at the show.

8. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Genz-Benz is coming out with quite a few new products, not just this Shutle 6.2 combo/head. They've aso rev'd the Shuttle 9.0 to the new Shuttle 9.2, and the Shuttle Max 12.0 has been superceded by the new Shuttle Max 12.2. They've migrated the 3DPM power management stuff to all the heads, and they've increased the amount of tube gain that can be dialed in on the front end.

The Shuttle 6.2 also comes in a 210 combo, and there are new 210 and 112 extension cabs available, as well.

They've also added an entirely new budget line of lightweight cabinets called the Focus LT series: 210, 410, 112 & 115 cabs that range from $349 to $599 and 32 to 64 lbs.

Finally there's a lower powered lightweight combo series called the Countour 500 series. The amp is 300W @ 8ohms or 500W @ 4 ohms. They come in 115 and 210 combos:
    CTR500-115T: $799, 48lbs, 1x15 + tweeter
    CTR500-210T: $849, 52lbs, 2x10 + tweeter

The combos are 8 ohm standalone, and there are optional extension cabs (115 or 210) to take advantage of the 500W/4ohm power.

I'm not sure how much of all this new stuff I'll end up stocking. For now, I've got the new heads (Shuttle 6.2 & 9.2 and MAX 12.2) and the Shuttle 6.2 112 combo on order. I may branch out into the Focus cabs and Contour combos at some point, or I may just let Musician's Friend have that business. I can certainly order any of that stuff at any time, just let me know if you're interested in it.

9. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I just received my first shipment of the new Genz-Benz stuff this morning! I haven't gone whole hog with it yet, I just grabbed a few of the pieces that I figured would be most popular. Here's what I've got so far:

- Shuttle 6.2 Head
    - Shuttle 9.2 Head
    - Shuttle Max 12.2 Head
    - Shuttle 6.2 112 Combo

I'll get these things up on my site later today or tomorrow, and let the flood of sales begin! :rollno::D

If there's something you want that I don't have in stock, I can always have Genz-Benz drop ship straight to you.

10. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    Greg, I'm anxious to hear your take on the 6.2 combo. I'd like to know how close the new 12" comes to a Bergantino.

:D

God Bless, Ray

11. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    The 6.2 combos (1-12 and 2-10) are the most interesting to me. Small/light/one-piece for small gigs is attractive.

12. strost

strost Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Blacksburg, VA
  13. TheRealKong

TheRealKong

Mar 17, 2011
    Once you think you're settled with your gear they start and bring new things to check out....

I'll stay with my GBE 1200 and my Tecamp L 810. Maybe a Streamliner 900 in some days - if they don't get a new model into the shops.

14. dd16

dd16

Dec 23, 2011
    Paris, France
    Hey ! I've just seen some new combos on their website, they look pretty much the same (similar to shuttle). Their is a 15' and a 2*10'.
    Has anybody heard about them ?
    They look cheaper :)

Here is the link: Contour

15. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Greg mentioned them a few posts back...........

16. dd16

dd16

Dec 23, 2011
    Paris, France
    Sorry, shall I remove it ?

17. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    All good! Thanks for pointing them out, it'll be intersting to see if they garner any attention.

18. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    No, we aren't that uptight around here!! I was just pointing it out for ya!:D;)

19. dd16

dd16

Dec 23, 2011
    Paris, France
    Ok :) I'm new on this forum and what struk me that you look nice one another, and you are real bass geeks.

Excuse my english, I might be rough

20. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    I'm new to GB, but I just purchased a 6.012T new from MF and picked up a cab from a tber that started life as a 6.012t - the amp for a good price.
    Now I'm no expert, but Ive been playing bass since 1963, I play 2 G&L's 2500s one freted and one frettless. This is by far the best sounding amp i've every owned.I was turned on to them by KJung and am very happy.
    So it may be my ignorance of sound, but the 6.0 with 2 12t cabinets fills my every need. My G&L's are wired for coil tapping and i do not use any effects if that means anything.
    IMVHO