New Silverchair Album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 311fan2001, Oct 1, 2002.

1. For those of you who didn't know, Silverchair has released a new album, and believe it's the best they've done so far. I absolutely love this cd. What does everyone else think of it?
  2. I have yet to listen to it yet, but hopefully its pretty good. IMO it'l be hard to top Frogstomp.
  3. burntcherries

burntcherries Guest

Sep 16, 2002
    i love this album sooo much! The opening track (Across the Night) is so beautiful. Diorama is a great collection of mindblowing songs and i urge you all to go buy it now!!
  4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    iirc, david botril (tool, king crimson) mixed and produced this album. he's very cool.
  5. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    Technically they didn't JUST release it... The album was out in Australia for quite some time. But anyway...

I really like The Greatest View.
  6. I think Neon Ballroom was better myself.

That's not to say that Diorama is a bad album, because in no way is it badly written, played, conceived or produced - but there's something missing there for me.

I admit a few moments on the album really get me, but I could live without it. Definitely worth a few spins though.
  7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Yeah thats been our here foe ages..pfft where have you all been :)

They are played to DEATH here, and its really annoying after a while. some of their songs are good, and the film clip for one of their songs, (i forogt the name) is really cool :)
  8. Its a great album, but Neon Ballroom is a masterpiece and hard to beat.
  9. I cant stand the new album, but then again i didnt like any of them too much except for teh 1st one. Diaroma has far too big of a beatles influence.

Silverchair get played to death hear and are highly revered for their abiltiy to crack it in the states.