Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New singer.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Please don't interpret this tale as teenage angst. We've already got it covered.

Anyway, remember the new girl singer I was bragging about a couple years ago? You know, shows up on time, knows all the songs with no cheat sheets, stays and helps us pack up, never rags on us? Well, she got a new boyfriend. Gang-banger looking guy. Not friendly. Moved in with him. Started missing rehearsals. Haven't heard from her in over a month. Can't find her. Oh well.

Last night we auditioned another singer, who is pretty good, too. She's never been in a band but sings a lot of karaoke. We're having her come back next week. She knew at least 10 of the songs on the list I sent over to her. She's got a nice personality and a tongue stud. What could be better? So here we go again. Life goes on. Teenagers, take note.

2. what happened to the other singer? aren't you worried about her...? i'd be going outta my mind, but then again, i'm just an angst-ridden teenager...

i wish our singer would disappear sometimes, but he's also the guitarist, so we'd be pretty lost without him (did i just say that? shoot me, please)... you should hear some of our demos...

simon a

3. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Hell, who knows? Maybe she joined a cult. I've called and left messages three times. So has my brother. She still goes to work, they say, so she's apparently not dead. She's an adult. She has a cell phone. Maybe she just doesn't know how to quit like an adult, eh?

4. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    did ya boink her? :D

5. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    I say kill her

6. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    No boink, no kill. That's the lead guitarist's job, but he went and married (after boinking) the lead singer three singers ago, so even THAT won't fly.

7. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    whoa, that's intense, man.

8. alex webster, what a maniac!

9. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    YEAH ALEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. *ToNeS*