1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Single Cut Headless Bolt-On by Carvin/Kiesel. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dimension, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Dimension

Dimension Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2015
    District of Columbia
    Carvin is my main brand and just wanted to hear what you think about their newest release. Here is the link (scroll down to the bottom to see the six string version): Kiesel Zeus Series Standard & Multiscale Headless Guitars | KieselGuitars.com

The fact that it is bolt-on makes me reluctant to order one. The fact that it is headless does not bother me.

Does anyone think that they will custom a neck thru? I will call to ask tomorrow!

Yes, I could order a Vader, but do not prefer the body design. They play and sound really good though. I think they nailed the single cut body design and I am really excited to see how these turn out.

Thoughts?

TolerancEJ and Mpike like this.
  2. mmbass21

mmbass21 Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    I put in an order for a 5 string yesterday. No way they'll custom put a neck-thru, they won't alter a model, just the specs or wood, colors, and electronics.

3. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Wow... Headless, singlecut, and multi-scale!?!?! Talk about a polarizing instrument! :)

Given that Carvin knows a thing or two about building nice neck-through instruments I don't see why they wouldn't eventually offer this model as a NT. But that's not the same thing as will they make a custom neck through now. Ask 'em.

4. Trouztrouz

Trouztrouz

Feb 6, 2013
    NoVA
    I'm not normally a fan of single cuts, and I'm not normally a fan of headless basses.

I'll see myself out.

5. mmbass21

mmbass21 Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    I follow Kiesel, they haven't added a neck thru model in a few years now.

6. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, it is technically a single cutaway..........but I dunno, to me that's not what I'd call a "single cut" - more just a Telecaster guitar style thing.

Every other bass I've seen with "single cut" in it's name has a much longer upper body which attaches solidly to the neck out near the 12th fret, for the purpose of adding more stiffness/stability.

This Kiesel is purely a style choice. I do like headless basses, and this one's not bad looking, but I'm not planning to get one, either.

7. Dimension

Dimension Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2015
    District of Columbia
    Unfortunately, they denied the neck thru request as a custom option, but hoping they will add it at some point. The Vader is neck thru, but I just can't get myself to like the body design. The upper fret access is quite comfortable though.

Mpike, thats awesome you pulled the trigger on one! I would be very interested to hear your feedback after you get it.

BruceWane, good point. It is more a single cutaway than a single cut. I will shelf the possibility of acquiring one in the near future. I did, however, pickup an SB5000 this month.

Mpike likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021