1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New site for sharing Jazz Transcriptions

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by vjsingh, Jan 22, 2012.

1. vjsingh

vjsingh

Jan 22, 2012
    Hey everyone,

I'm new to the community here, but I just wanted to let you all know about a new site I'm in the process of creating. Hope this message isn't too spammy.

I've just released a website that lets people share, discuss, and rate transcriptions of jazz solos. You can find it at Jazz Transcription Hub. Clearly, its a little low on content right now, but my hope is that in time it can become a sort of search engine for transcriptions of solos in any instrument. Currently I let people upload transcriptions either as a PDF or simply as a link to someone else's site.

Hopefully it can be a community resource, I created it since I couldn't find anything similar online. Since its new, I definitely appreciate feedback about any parts of the site, including things that you think it might be missing.

Thanks! Enjoy

Varun

2. _chrispy

_chrispy

Jul 20, 2011
    Great idea!

3. miltslackford

miltslackford

Oct 14, 2009
    Looks great!

That Ray Brown one looks tasty!

4. miltslackford

miltslackford

Oct 14, 2009
    I hope it takes off because transcriptions are great and they're far less prevalent than tabs.

5. Agreed... great stuff!

As an example, I've been looking for Paul Chambers' work on So What for some time now...there it was!

6. tri33

tri33

Sep 20, 2011
    Wisconsin
    That is really cool! I will be great when there is more content up! Goodluck, I know I will definitely use it.

7. vjsingh

vjsingh

Jan 22, 2012
    Thanks guys! Quick update: I've added a page where you can browse around and see all the available transcriptions easily

8. devine

devine

Aug 22, 2006
    That is such a cool bloody idea! Well done man and good luck!!!

Ez,

Scott.

9. I've found a whole bunch of bass line transcriptions by this russian dude Oleg in Finale format (about 40 mb file), but I can't find the link. If you want it, e-mail me (popeyefishface@yahoo.com)

10. vjsingh

vjsingh

Jan 22, 2012
    Hey guys,

Check the site out again. Hit 'browse' at the top, and then 'Instrument' on the left. You might find a pleasant surprise :)

I got permission from Oleg to upload all his transcriptions, huge thanks to Oleg for creating so many incredible transcriptions!

There are about 60 transcriptions left that were named inconsistently, I'm going to upload them manually over the next week or so. I'm also going to work on getting the finale files up so people can download them.

As always, feedback is very appreciated. Enjoy!

Varun

11. kingjames59

kingjames59

May 3, 2010
    Awesome!

12. PauFerro

PauFerro

Jun 8, 2008
    United States
    Phenomenal Idea! I would support it!!

13. vjsingh

vjsingh

Jan 22, 2012
    Thanks! Appreciate it

The best you can do to help is support the community by uploading and voting on transcriptions, and filling requests (or making some). And letting your friends know! There are share buttons at the bottom of the page.

As always, let me know if you have any feedback