1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Slap Bass Lessons for Those Who DON'T Slap !

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Darren 1, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Darren 1

Darren 1 Commercial User

Jan 21, 2018
    UK
    Hi Bassists.
    I hope you can check out this easy slap bass lesson and subscribe to my channel whilst you watch. I am trying to get as much free bass and music material on youtube as I can. So many thanks to you guys.
    Darren

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I'm hoping by some miracle that this video, or some one some day, will finally teach me to "get" slap. Either I really am not understanding the movement, or my thumb "just don't do that". Thanks for posting, I'll give it a try. :D

Edit: I can tell already you're a "straight thumber" like me! All the other videos are by folks whose thumbs bend way back at the knuckle. Cool. Maybe there's hope. Need close-ups...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  3. Darren 1

Darren 1 Commercial User

Jan 21, 2018
    UK
    Hey, thanks for the reply. Yes it is an awkward technique. It’s in the wrist with a loose thumb. I will be posting more in the next weeks
    Darren.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021