1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New slap-loop movie

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Live and direct from Brixton, south London - here's a little something I cooked up this morning - and posted online for all you bass-noodlers out there - yes it's me screwing around again - but the quality is better on both the visual side, (you can see my hairy arms and fingers better!) and the playing ain't too shabby either, I hope you dig it:

<b><a href=http://www.munkio.com/music/Loop%20Wic%20solo.mov>Slap Loop Jam Movie</a></b>

2. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Another fine display of "chops" Mike, and quite musical too I thought (especially your fingerstyle soloing).

Remind me never to face you in a "thump-off"! :cool:

Looks like you've got a healthy CD collection too!

DB

3. Cheers Dave - being a music journo for a few years has helped the old CD collection - I've got about 3000 or more now - trouble is I keep running out of space!
    Mx

4. Yeah - I know - it kinda sucks! Sorry for the continual self-promotion, just like sticking this stuff online...Mxxx

5. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    No need to apologise... with every movie posted you're freeing up a load more blues, reggae and straight ahead rock gigs for the rest of us! ;)

6. LOL! Nice one Howard, sad but true! Glad I don't take myself too seriously - I honestly don't know if I'm doing the right thing or not - there are so many holes in my playing I really have to keep learning - I feel uterly inept sometimes! Thanks for checking my stuff out all the same.

BTW I'm meeting the guys from an eight piece funk band tonight - hopefully they'll be cool and let me join their band - if not I'll give them your phone number...!

7. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    oh crikey, I'm in enough bands at the moment... around 5 at the last count... and more on the horizon ;)

blimey, there was a band in the rehearsal room next to mine on monday, playing sex machine.. and oh my go if the vocals werent the worst thing I EVER heard! ...it was like something of a "weddings from hell" programme! :rollno:

good luck with the funk tonight... 8 piece band.. best keep it simple!

8. Respect to the last bit...I'm not actually playing with them tonight - just having a pre-play chat with them - I have to play them some stuff and unfortunately all I have are recordings of my old rock band - so not many definable basslines - or my latest solo bass thing which is me noodling like f***! But I also have two other projects on the go - plus a possible fusion band or two to contend with as well - might have to drop a couple of those if this works out...doh! Stay in touch about that lesson - I think we'll have some fun.

Cheers dude, M

9. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    re: lesson, will do indeed :) already looking forward to it!