Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New slap-loop movie

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Live and direct from Brixton, south London - here's a little something I cooked up this morning - and posted online for all you bass-noodlers out there - yes it's me screwing around again - but the quality is better on both the visual side, (you can see my hairy arms and fingers better!) and the playing ain't too shabby either, I hope you dig it:

<b><a href=http://www.munkio.com/music/Loop%20Wic%20solo.mov>Slap Loop Jam Movie</a></b>

2. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Another fine display of "chops" Mike, and quite musical too I thought (especially your fingerstyle soloing).

Remind me never to face you in a "thump-off"! :cool:

Looks like you've got a healthy CD collection too!

DB

3. Cheers Dave - being a music journo for a few years has helped the old CD collection - I've got about 3000 or more now - trouble is I keep running out of space!
    Mx

4. Yeah - I know - it kinda sucks! Sorry for the continual self-promotion, just like sticking this stuff online...Mxxx

5. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    No need to apologise... with every movie posted you're freeing up a load more blues, reggae and straight ahead rock gigs for the rest of us! ;)

6. LOL! Nice one Howard, sad but true! Glad I don't take myself too seriously - I honestly don't know if I'm doing the right thing or not - there are so many holes in my playing I really have to keep learning - I feel uterly inept sometimes! Thanks for checking my stuff out all the same.

BTW I'm meeting the guys from an eight piece funk band tonight - hopefully they'll be cool and let me join their band - if not I'll give them your phone number...!

7. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    oh crikey, I'm in enough bands at the moment... around 5 at the last count... and more on the horizon ;)

blimey, there was a band in the rehearsal room next to mine on monday, playing sex machine.. and oh my go if the vocals werent the worst thing I EVER heard! ...it was like something of a "weddings from hell" programme! :rollno:

good luck with the funk tonight... 8 piece band.. best keep it simple!

8. Respect to the last bit...I'm not actually playing with them tonight - just having a pre-play chat with them - I have to play them some stuff and unfortunately all I have are recordings of my old rock band - so not many definable basslines - or my latest solo bass thing which is me noodling like f***! But I also have two other projects on the go - plus a possible fusion band or two to contend with as well - might have to drop a couple of those if this works out...doh! Stay in touch about that lesson - I think we'll have some fun.

Cheers dude, M

9. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    re: lesson, will do indeed :) already looking forward to it!