New Slip Knot!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Have you heard the exciting news? I just heard they are going to unveil all new masks! Color me psyched.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Shades of KISS, anyone?
  4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Slipknot called Trent Reznor while my old band was recording at Nothing Studios. They wanted to record there, and have Trent produce the album. Trent turned them down flat. When asked why, he said, "Because you are a bunch of buffoons." Haha!! :D

That being said, I somewhat liked the first two Slipknot CDs (Mate, Feed, Kill, Repeat, and the self titled one). Iowa? Ugh. Gag me with a spoon.
  5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Surely you're not accusing this thread of being music related?
  6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
  7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Oh, no. You are mistaken. This is clearly mask related.
  8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    but it is about a band.
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Wait, hold up, Slipknot plays music? Since when?

Of note: all jokes to be taken with grain of salt. I used to like Slipknot 4 or 5 years ago. Saw them, and specifically them, live in '99. That said, I still want to know:

They play music? I thought they were a marketing gimmick, like Dr. Laura...?
  10. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Slipknot.........know why they wear masks? Because they all look like little bitches. Their singer Cory needs to be killed. Has a serious case of LVS (lead vocalist syndrome). Talks too much trash about other bands, like the 'Knot (as he likes to call his band) is the only true metal band on the planet. Something about the guitars always struck me as amateurish too. :spit:
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    This thread and it's posturing get a big ol :rolleyes: .

Why don't you guys start a Fieldy thread? How about a Mudvayne thread? Maybe we could revert to the old pick vs. fingers thing? :meh:
    BlueAliceOasis likes this.
  12. Word. I finally understand why things were better in 98. :meh:

Something I don't get is when people supposedly don't care about something or someone why they bring it/them up? If you don't like Slipknot, why post about them? If the masks help them get into the 'role' that they play, why can't they? Actors wear costumes to get into their roles better, why can't these guys wear masks and dress up like they're mass murderers if it helps them make their music? Whether you like their use of the masks or not, its an image. Every musician has one. They just choose to have a somewhat more loud and attempted-offensive image. Worked, hasn't it?

13. Don't have anything good to say? don't say anything at all. :rolleyes:
  14. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Off to Recordings.
  15. Sorry to spoil it for you but for those of you who just can't wait (lol) new Slipknot pics can be seen at THIS location.
  16. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    I actually saw a video of one of the guitarists auditioning the Line6 Spider II and he had some really good chops.
    Or maybe they appeared to be good chops when juxtaposed with the video of the guy from Evanescence auditioning the same amp.
    As for the rest of the comment (not quoted)...very profound and insightful :rolleyes:
  17. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    You've either never heard "Mate,Feed,Kill,Repeat" or you don't know what a guitar is. I admit,after MFKR, I don't care for Slipknot. But MFKR is classic IMHO. Exellent jazz/funk grooves. -Luke
  18. Through a loophole, this ended up in recordings...MFKR was good, I agree. Everything else afterward, bleh.
  19. sftu u geis SlIpkNOt is t3h gr3@t3e7 bSn d in dah wurld LoLoMg wfT ggpwnedKThxBAIa.

:rolleyes: X a azillion.

(note, Do they still have a janitor and hot glue gun guy in the band still?)