Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Slipknot...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DDEVIL, Aug 15, 2001.

1. I am

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. No Way

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Who's Slipknot?

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. DDEVIL

DDEVIL Guest

Aug 7, 2001
    How many of you are going to buy the new Slipknot album when it comes out?

I heard "The Heretic Anthem" on Conan and then I downloaded the studio version and I almost pooped my pants!! Its insane.

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    This goes to RECORDINGS

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Don't be an anti-TAB Fascist.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

5. BassMan2000

BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
    Canada
    I don't even know why I'm replying :D o well slipknots music isn't as great as well too much to list but, i dunno there probably going into all that rap metal just like everyother band now :(

6. I used to love their first album and I've heard 'the Heretic Anthem' and it is Completely insane:eek:
    Not like Rap metal at all (although I dont actually mind rap metal, more groove oriented than most metal).
    I'm definetly interested in the new album, I think I'll listen to it before purchasing though.
    I really want the new System Of A Down!

7. Did you hear why they played the heretic anthem on Conan? they were meant to play the first single but they played the heretic anthem becuase it was way heavier, and they said that Really heavy music is never broadcast on tv. Corey said he loved the fact that the lyric 'if your 555 I'm 666' were said over 20 times to a international audience.

8. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    can anyone pm me so i can download the song from you off of icq,msn, or aol.

9. PowerMad

PowerMad

Aug 6, 2001
    That is one album that I am really looking forward too. I am really enjoying the resurgance of Heavy Metal music. IMO it is about to get bigger than ever, and its all because of great bands like Slipknot,Tool, and System of a Down.

10. There are alot of good non rap metal bands out there....unfortunately they do not make it to the mainstream because record companies know that rap sells and mixing rap and metal can cater to a wider audience. alot of times bands will get signed as a metal band and the record company they are with will get them to add more and more rap elements to their music....and since most often the bands are bound by contracts and are often tempted by the money, they give in. of course there are bands that are out there that were rap/metal, rap/rock whatever from the start...RATM for one. but anyways, there are lots of good metal/hardcorebands out there....check out Poison the Well, Boy Sets Fire, Red Roses for a Blue lady or Dillinger Escape Plan (they are the craziest, most original hardcore i've ever heard). Check those out and let me know what you think!

11. yes i am, and i am looking forward to the new system of a down cd also... i'm gonna try to make it out to the aliance (sp) tour, if i can, i hope i do... :D

12. I really want the new System Of A Down!

13. PowerMad

PowerMad

Aug 6, 2001
    damn the recording industry and its manipulative ways!

Anyway, hey Soapbox I have heard Dillinger Escape plan and they are indeed a great band...very original. I'll try to check out those other bands you mentioned too.