1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New solo bass video up!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bill_banwell, Aug 26, 2012.

1. bill_banwell

bill_banwell Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Hi guys, just uploaded this video from today's shed session!

check it out and let me know what you think

Thanks!

If you like the video, please subscribe as I will be uploading videos all the time, going to be working on some more groove videos, covers, jazz/blues/latin/ as much as I can get my hands round! :)

2. tomwilliams1983

tomwilliams1983

Apr 6, 2009
    Very cool, been thinking of making the plunge to a high c, seems like it opens up a lot more possibilities with the chordal stuff

3. bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England

Yeah man, i would love a 6 string warwick for that high C..

just so you know the 5 string in the video doesn't have a high C, if thats what you meant?? its tuned BEADG :)

4. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Still waiting for your take on 7-Jam - with vocals! :)

5. bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Haha! I'll get round to it man! May be a few weeks though as I have other stuff to prioritise, but feel free to subscribe to my channel and it may pop up soon :)

6. tomwilliams1983

tomwilliams1983

Apr 6, 2009
    Oh sorry I was just musing in general, any sort of bass chords stuff makes my mind drift to a high c...

7. Really nice. I like your right hand. After checking out your other vids I see you like to improv and jam. I'd like to see you actually compose a tune... start here and wind up there (or here again). Use your excellent vocalulary to construct a musical paragraph and convey a thought.

Keep up the great work.

8. bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Thanks for the kind words man, I have been composing music for the last 2 years actually! But nothing has been recorded or rehearsed, only recently I was given a 7-string bass, and so that has really pushed me to come out with some nice chords and get really melodic with the bass, I've got a piece of music that I'm structuring and working on with this 7 string, so yeah, it should be up on my YouTube channel in a few weeks! :)

Cheers
    - Bill.