1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Song (again...)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, Aug 7, 2003.

1. I finished another song a couple of days ago, and I was again hoping the fine folks at talkbass.com could give me some feedback. The song is a lot less rock-influenced than my recent output. It touches on funk and disco (!) a little bit, and all of the percussion was done by sampling bass slapping. The melody is a little repetitive, but that's never been one of my strong points. Alright, so without further ado...

Steve Swyers - Phrygian Funk

P.S. - I won't bump this too much, Robot, I swear! :D

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Hey! phrygian funk is the name of a song that my friends wrote, and performed on their CD! :mad:

Okay, It's time for a Phrygian Funk Face off!!

http://www.xaqtly.com/phrygian.mp3

unfortunately I didn't get to play bass on this one, because I had nothing to do with it's writing, but it is a pretty neat song my friend's wrote.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    bumped for the Phrygian funk face off :p

4. My thread was hijacked! Maybe if I got my name legally changed to "John Turner" people would respond...

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    no, maybe if you changed the name of your song :p

j/k

I liked your track, It wasn't particularly "funky" more phrygian if you ask me
    , but stil neat, and well produced as per usual

6. What genre does it sound most like? I mean, I know I'm not James Brown or anything...;)

7. Sorry Bassline , but this one has my vote.

8. I don't care which you thought was better, but what did you think of my song on it's own? A critique, if you would. Thanks for listening!