New Song (again...)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, Aug 7, 2003.

1. I finished another song a couple of days ago, and I was again hoping the fine folks at could give me some feedback. The song is a lot less rock-influenced than my recent output. It touches on funk and disco (!) a little bit, and all of the percussion was done by sampling bass slapping. The melody is a little repetitive, but that's never been one of my strong points. Alright, so without further ado...

Steve Swyers - Phrygian Funk

P.S. - I won't bump this too much, Robot, I swear! :D
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Hey! phrygian funk is the name of a song that my friends wrote, and performed on their CD! :mad:

Okay, It's time for a Phrygian Funk Face off!!

unfortunately I didn't get to play bass on this one, because I had nothing to do with it's writing, but it is a pretty neat song my friend's wrote.
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    bumped for the Phrygian funk face off :p
  4. My thread was hijacked! Maybe if I got my name legally changed to "John Turner" people would respond...
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    no, maybe if you changed the name of your song :p

I liked your track, It wasn't particularly "funky" more phrygian if you ask me
    , but stil neat, and well produced as per usual
  6. What genre does it sound most like? I mean, I know I'm not James Brown or anything...;)
  7. Sorry Bassline , but this one has my vote.
  8. I don't care which you thought was better, but what did you think of my song on it's own? A critique, if you would. Thanks for listening!