New song from me. your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Justin V, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Ok. I wrote and arranged this song for my band back home over the last four days. I don't have a lead guitar part because my lead guitarist is at Cal right now and he'll have that by Thanksgiving break. Everything else is pretty much done, though (well, except that my band still doesn't have a I'm on everything except for the high voice in the bridge, which was done by my friend Maia.

Anyway, tell me what you think about it, especially the mix. My speakers are trash and my headphones are far from great, so it's really a guessing game mixing, esp. vox.

The link:
  2. Sounds really cool!

(note: suggestions below)

The only thing you should be concerned about is the transitions. I'm talking about between the intro and when the powerchord guitars enter, and also when the vocals enter. It's just a bit jarring, so here's some suggestions for transitions:

1. Build up volume in the previous measure (or two perhaps) dramatically so the change is less unexpected. Also put in a drum fill.

2. Have a break. For example, the drums hit a snare and all the instruments pause for 2 beats.

As far as mixing the only suggestion I have is to add a tad of cathedral-sounding reverb to that high vocal.

I wanna see if I can mess around with it in my sound editor, okay? :)
  3. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Thanks for the response.

As far as the transition, I think I've got an idea. Thanks for pointing that out. And if you want to play with it in the audio editor, go ahead. Just don't steal my song!!! :p ;)

Keep the feedback coming.
  4. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA

I remixed it a bit and put it up on my band's soundclick page (the link in my sig).

C'mon people!!! Yo quiero feedback....pwetty pweeze.... :D